Sign in to follow this  
Treeclipper

Lost in Chernarus

Hi Folks,

Got myself a bit lost last night, managed to find a vill. but can't find any road signs, what other vill's apart from Stary have those towers with the ball on top. Think I'm quite far up North, but may have got turned around in the forest.

Any help would be appreciated. I tried checking the maps but they don't show the structure I can see.

cheers

Tree

Edited by Treeclipper

Learn to use the contour lines on the topo map and landmarks.

There are road signs at the edges of all towns. Those towers with the "ball" on top are numerous.

Here is a really good map with loot spawns etc as well.

You should be able to zoom in and figure out your locaton once you get a sign to read. Match the Russian to the Russian name on the map.

Do you know how to use contours on a topo map?

http://dayzdb.com/map#4.085.067

Yes I do know how to use the contour lines on the maps, my char has no compas or map at mo and coming in and out of the game often crashes my system. I have a printed map but its not the greatest of quality. I know one of the other towns in far north has this ball tower was just wanting some names so I could try to work out where I was and after going round the vill twice I can't see any road signs. might have to circle farther out if no one can help. It could be Gorka or Gvozdno I m near

Edited by Treeclipper

I just did help.

Use the map I linked to. It has good quality contours etc.

You don't need a compass. Just use the contour, meaning the shape and slope of the land to determine what direction you are facing once you have a definite location. Go in straight lines from landmark to landmark until you find a compass.

There is signs at the start and end of each city/village. Cant find em? You are not looking hard enough (unless someone drove over them)

Edited by kozzy