Sign in to follow this  
sidewinder_102

Whole towns with no loot. Nothing.

I find that, far more often than the probability tables advertise, entire towns will be completely without loot drops. No empty cans, no soda, no beans, nothing. I hit Stary and the surrounding deer stands probably 2-6 times a day. At least 1/3 times the supermarket, house, tents, and deer stands will just be bone dry. This has to be a glitch.

It didn't used to happen when I moved a lot more slowly. Now that I am more familiar with the game and have silenced weapons I can afford to move a lot faster. I feel like maybe the loots don't spawn when you are right on top of them, so if you move too quickly into the area they won't spawn at all sometimes.

I have tested this and find that moving in slowly does yield loot more often. That totally puts me at a disadvantage though.

QQ. Shit's lame.

It could be the server you were on had been running a very long time and was having issues, and destabilizing. This is a common Arma2 issue. It is also possible it had been running for a very long time, things may be just picked through (although you say not even empty cans were spawning, so likely the server needed a restart).

Just try another server.

Your speed theory is not quite correct either.

As long as Zombies have spawned when you get to an area, the loot will have also been triggered to spawn.

My group has tested this as well. We've moved in fast and slow and it seems to have no effect on loot.

What does have an effect is if the loot is taken and THEN we stay nearby. If we loot and stay, no respawn. If we loot and move away from the building, in a few mins the loot will respawn with a random assortment.

Even driving up really fast to a loot spawn does not have an effect on the loot. As long as Zombies have spawned, the loot is also triggered.

We have also experienced the same thing you have....and in all cases it was the server needing a restart.

Edited by Slyder73

If you enter a lootable building area the game checks if you were the last one to come into its zone...

If you weren't then it resets the loot...

So if your not seeing loot then you just missed someone else coming into the area...

A loot spawn that has been looted must go 10-30 minutes without any player within ~100 meters to respawn.

Not true as of the current versions.

We routinely go from supermarket to apartment and barn and back around in a circle. The loot seems to respawn within a few minutes now.

Exact same situation for me during my short time playing yesterday. Couldn't find any pussy snipers to kill in Stary so I went into the village; absolutely nothing to be found. The same could be said for the surrounding areas (this was on the larger UK servers UK5 and UK6).

Edited by z-layrex