spankimus

Why did the M1911 and Revolver get nerfed?

Was this intentional? The revolver is pretty much almost worse than the Makarov now.

wat.

Both the revolver and m1911 take 4 shots to kill a zombie now. Vs before it was only 1 shot.

I'm hoping it's to increase the difficulty of zombies.

Let's be honest here, they were a joke when you got a revolver.

I hope they take a step further and make it all headshots.

Why were u body shooting anything ever to begin with...

It's silly to attempt headshotting zombies with a weapon that would kill them with a shot center mass to begin with, unless you're trying to inflate your debug monitor's headshot count.

I haven't tried the M1911 or Revolver on zombies yet, but I did shoot a boar earlier that survived the first Revolver shot, so I may be seeing the effect of these nerfs too. Regardless, this definitely dampens the effectiveness of these guns, though I do not agree that they're in any way poor weapons due to the ammo conversion glitch that everybody and their mother has been no doubt abusing.

Because it's all a one hit kill to begin with...

Now I'm just confused how a .45 hits as hard as a 9 mil. I thought this game was supposed to be realistic, not balanced?

Edited by Bascal

I thought this thread was full of shit at first but here's what happened to me.

When I was looting the heli earlier, I was checking the base of it for loot so I was constantly scrolling the mouse wheel.

Whilst doing this, I some how managed to agro a zombie so I went to pop him in the face but didn't realize I'd selected my 1911 and ended up pulling that out instead. The zombie took 4-5 shots to die .It only took 2 from the M4A1CCO SD Usually it's 1 shot to the torso from the 1911 and 3 to the torso from the M4 (Unless it's the head, obviously)

Edited by jdz

I thought this thread was full of shit at first but here's what happened to me.

When I was looting the heli earlier, I was checking the base of it for loot so I was constantly scrolling the mouse wheel.

Whilst doing this, I some how managed to agro a zombie so I went to pop him in the face but didn't realize I'd selected my 1911 and ended up pulling that out instead. The zombie took 4-5 shots to die .It only took 2 from the M4A1CCO SD Usually it's 1 shot to the torso from the 1911 and 3 to the torso from the M4 (Unless it's the head, obviously)

Right so in other words you may as well throw your pistol at the zeds now? At least that way you might miss and they might piss off when they hear it hit the ground?

LOL I AM NET LEET CENTER MASS IS FOR NEWBS.

Its so dead obvious when someone has had zero training with a goddamn firearm here its ridiculous.

wow 4-5 shots to kill a zombie? Just out of interest has the guns themselves been nerfed or have the zombies now got more blood?

Same happened here, i thought i was lagging..

Got a update through steam for Arma 2 last night and I believe thats where the revolver/1911 nerf came from, I don't think it is a DayZ nerf.

Still one shotting here. Is it serverside? or clientside.

Client side, probably related to the new Arma2 update.

Got a update through steam for Arma 2 last night and I believe thats where the revolver/1911 nerf came from, I don't think it is a DayZ nerf.

This.

I'm hoping it's to increase the difficulty of zombies.

Let's be honest here, they were a joke when you got a revolver.

I hope they take a step further and make it all headshots.

This wouldn't be such a bad idea if the walkers got handicapped if shot.

If I shoot a walker in the chest it should stun him momentarily, if in the leg it should fall to the floor, etc. A head shot or 4 shots anywhere would be needed in the end to finish off the walker.

I mean, it was hard enough to shoot a walker before with one shot kills. Now it's going to be annoying. New players won't appreciate the difficulty increase.

Edited by Bramacgar

I don't mind the Nerf but going from 1 shot to 4 is a little crazy . I'd Be fine with 2-3 or even 4 shots if u stun them . Nothing worst then actually killing a zombie only for him to shit the bed and run at u when they die and u pop a couple extra rounds in him and waste them .

From what I have read it is a bug related to the most recent Steam update to ARMA2. It does not seem to affect people who have the retail version and zero connection to Steam. Hopefully it will be fixed soon.

Cause if you haven't noticed yourself, trying to headshot one of the runner zombies that have aggro'd to you is a liiittle bit tricky, especially with the erratic, buggy, matrix like maneuvers and derpy run patterns they have.

as i said on a previous post

honestly, before downgrading the damage on guns they should sort out the jumpy buggy lag movements of zombies, where you can aim and shoot rather than aim and as you shoot they moved 3 meter to the right now crouching and when you shoot again they are in the previous place now standing. they one shot kill isn't realistic but nor is the buggy movements, in and outdoors. so fix both or leave it as it is i say

Edited by FraGGer224
  • Like 1