Just wanted to say that I LOVE the concept of this game. Roam around and do whatever it is you want to do. Very cool. Me and my buddy were playing together and we were searching EVERYWHERE for canned goods because our blood was at 3000. We didn't find anything! Which sucked! Lol. Well anyway, good mod thus far!

Here are some things that I think would make the mod better:

• More animals
  • More canned goods/food
  • Give the canned foods 500+ blood as opposed to 200/300.
  • Improve the "contact" when hitting a zombie
  • Maybe lighten up the black and white effects a bit when you're below 3k life.

Well anyway, that's all I can think of right now. The mod is kind of crazy right now and is frustrating at times, but like I said, this is just my opinion. Please feel free to express your opinions here. Lol, I'm sure they are coming! :thumbsup:

It's the end of the world. food will be scarce. If you don't like being at low blood be better at sneaking. This game is very unforgiving but fair. If you fuck up it bites you in the ass. Quit your bitching.

My opinion is that removing barbed wire when the player who made it log off, i just found a fire station and the entrance was blocked by a barbed wire

Lol man we were proneing the whole way. We just had axes though so I guess we didn't get that far. 16 zombies killed etc.

"It's the end of the world, food will be scarce" - I doubt it would be THAT scarce. It's like, if you get below 4k health you basically are fu*ked. Like I said before Reptile, it's just an opinion... not so much "bitching".

Edited by twinturbonet

My opinion is that removing barbed wire when the player who made it log off, i just found a fire station and the entrance was blocked by a barbed wire

Yeah, that's a good point but how did you know that player logged off?

also you can raid hospitals and get blood bags, with those you can give transfusions to others (NOT to yourself) and pop the blood back to 12000!

also you can raid hospitals and get blood bags, with those you can give transfusions to others (NOT to yourself) and pop the blood back to 12000!

Yea, we were pretty far out. We actually found a Army Medical Post on his map (which is another cool feature, picking up maps etc.) and we didn't find ANY health supplies. Just flares and some ammo for the guns we did not have.

It's the end of the world. food will be scarce. If you don't like being at low blood be better at sneaking. This game is very unforgiving but fair. If you fuck up it bites you in the ass. Quit your bitching.

That was kind of harsh. I would agree that making the game easier for the player to survive is not an option. Atleast on Regular it's not to difficult. Perhaps your not using the dayzdb.com map. That alone punches a hole in the regular difficulty.

Honestly if canned goods healed that much there would rarely ever be a reason to have less than 1200 health. It's so easy to find canned goods. Dead zombies drop them all the time. Barbed wire is annoying most of the time though

He's not bitching, hes just having an opinion.

• More animals
  • More canned goods/food
  • Give the canned foods 500+ blood as opposed to 200/300.
  • Improve the "contact" when hitting a zombie
  • Maybe lighten up the black and white effects a bit when you're below 3k life.

More animals - I'd almost agree with this, but I have more of a problem when looting the dead animal sometimes it bugs and I am unable to get the meat. However; I would like to see more of a food source out side of major cities, like berries etc.

More canned goods/food - There are plenty of canned goods/foods in the bigger towns, which is expected. In the smaller the towns, it's more likely someone would have already taken all the food therefore they are rarer.

Give the canned foods 500+ blood as opposed to 200/300 - I agree with this, it's a bit odd that cooked meat gives you 800 but then canned foods is only 200.

Improve the "contact" when hitting a zombie - Remember Dayz is in alpha this will get better in time.

Maybe lighten up the black and white effects a bit when you're below 3k life - I like it when you get below 3k, its as believable as I think they can make it for if you are on the edge of death. Personally I would like to see another way to fix a broken limb (Like using a splint or finding a crutch to use) but I am sure Rocket will be doing more of that in the future.

Edited by Nemish

I like the suggestions apart from the last one. Like Nemish says its near death so its gonna be a blur. Seriously if you lost as much blood to count as 3k> then would you be able to even run? No more likely you will be in a coma or in so much pain that even morphine will have little effect.

What i would like to see is the ability to grow your own food. Or at least scavenge berries and apples etc. I think i saw a Pumpkin the other day but i couldn't eat it? But i could eat a potentially 'out of date' can of pasta?

Personally I like the scarcity of the canned items but what bugs me is going in to a village and I can only go into 1-2 (sometimes none) houses :(

More animals

I'm with ya, sounds good.

More canned food/goods

Not with ya at all. I think it should be rarer if anything. Once you know where to look food no longer becomes a priority.

Give the canned food +500 instead of +200

Meat gives you 800 per piece, go get some meat if your blood is low. You also had a buddy with you. Transfusion is not out of the question.

What a lovely way to greet somebody into the game, I'm sure you get invited to a lot of parties with your attitude.

What about people that build around their little fortresses? The entire point of those is to lock places down. The bad part is people abuse this.

You can't just remove it all when people leave, why the hell would I lock off my tents if I knew as soon as I logged out they would be fucked anyway?

Seriously if you lost as much blood to count as 3k> then would you be able to even run?

I think the blood system is at 12k as in "Oh, well this is how much blood you can lose before you die"

Not "This is the total amount of blood in your body"

It's like you say. If you had about 3k blood you'd "go into a coma" to use your words. I say that because if you had 60% of your blood lost you'd be fucking dead.

What i would like to see is the ability to grow your own food. Or at least scavenge berries and apples etc. I think i saw a Pumpkin the other day but i couldn't eat it? But i could eat a potentially 'out of date' can of pasta?

Rocket himself has said in livestreams that he wants to make things like this happen.

He even specifically said he wanted to be able to harvest pumpkins when they walked past a pumpkin patch. Also the ability to make your own hydroponics etc.

More animals - Might depend on your location in the map I guess. Lately (probably because of my current location), Mostly I've encountered much more animals than I really need. I probably kill less than one third of the animals I see. Simply because I don't have the backpack space for all that meat. If you cannot find animals, you may want to consider if it is because of your location.

Give the canned foods 500+ blood as opposed to 200/300 - There is a obvious reason why canned food give much less health compared to meat. Getting meat requires you to get some items first, and cook the meat, etc. If the meat/canned food were to give nearly comparable amounts of health, the whole point of finding the knife, matches, hatchet and then go find an animal would be lost. Though in all honesty, once I get those items, I really don't bother looking for any canned food anymore. Its so useless in comparison to meat and higher risk to get. Something like changing from 200 to 300 might be sensible to fix that a bit, but certainly not to 500.

More canned goods/food - Not sure about this. Lately, I have found much less canned food than I used to. But it might just be because of my location rather than some spawn rate adjustment. Might be sensible to adjust - or not.

All in all, the scarce food has some point to it. The game should make you feel a bit desperate to get some food when you are on low blood. If it was easy to just restore your blood to max every time you have taken damage, it would just make the game even more like an arcade shooter. Have a firefight with someone or a hairy situation with zeds - once done with that, auto-restore your health. The game should not be like that. The damage you take should feel a bit more persistent. It is already highly unrealistic that you can usually fully restore your health after being shot by just eating up a cow - or your friend giving you an instant blood transfusion. :P

Stop bitching over other people bitching (2nd time or 3rd ive seen you use the word "bitching in your replys xD)

Stupid reply, Just plain idioticy. Really? He is voicing his/hers Opinion, If you didn't have the right at voicing your opinion, You'd be bitching. Its just a suggestion and your complaining about it.

I think the blood system is at 12k as in "Oh, well this is how much blood you can lose before you die"

Not "This is the total amount of blood in your body"

It's like you say. If you had about 3k blood you'd "go into a coma" to use your words. I say that because if you had 60% of your blood lost you'd be fucking dead.

Thats a good point that i didn't think of good sir.

With my latest character I was lucky to find an axe pretty quickly so things are becoming a little easier. You can scratch all my ideas if you just start each character with an axe! ha... j/k