iHACC

Last resort to fix FPS

Okay, basically tried everything, had the game running around 15fps in Cherno. Redownloaded Arma OA and now 5fps. Every other game works perfectly besides this one particular game. I am now choosing my last option and that is reformatting my computer and installing Windows XP. Wish me luck guys.

Here is my computer spec if you wanted to know.

http://i.imgur.com/1P8W0.jpg (BTW i have Windows 7, im using classic theme for better performance)

I'll post back here later if it fixes if you guys want.

Edited by iHACC

Just out of curiousity, have you tried re-booting the pc then doing nothing but load Arma II (Dayz) ?

The 250 "should" be able to run it, but really they are a mid-way card not a flagship card like the (8800, 9800, 200,260,460,480,560,580) anything that is outside those are very cheap and well, you get what you pay for.

Edited by Psyl3nt

Yeah i have tried rebooting and my friend has a 8800GTX and he can play it smoothly up to 40-60fps, he's using windows xp.

I was playing on a different PC a few days ago with a GTS 250, 4Gb RAM and an Athlon x4 CPU.

It wasn't very smooth, even in low settings, and i had just formatted the hard drive with the latest drivers and everything.

This game is very demanding, i hope you can find a way around this, and if you do, let us know!

There IS one thing you can try if all else fails : first make sure the game settings are at least "medium", I have heard that below that it puts more strain on your CPU than GPU, and to help your CPU out - once the game is loaded (do this before joining a server), alt-tab out, go to "Task Manager" and right click on the A2OA.exe process and set it to above normal or if your brave, high priority.

Doing that "can" help, it's not guarenteed though, and assigning higher priority to tasks like that can make the PC very slow for anything but the process when your running it, so if you like to use Teamspeak and things like that it may cause problems.

If your just running the game then it's definitely worth a shot/