Sign in to follow this  
banditoralf

easiest and safest way to download??

I want to try this mod out but there are so many ways to do it that I don't know which way is easiest and safe.

Plz Help me..

There's this thing called Common Sense 2012 it's very helpful when ever you are using the internet.

I would recommend downloading an app called DayZ Commander ( www.dayzcommander.com ) then check the versions tab where you can tell the app to update to latest version.

If you have a Steam copy of the game you could also let Steam handle the update for you (it may have already done it automatically).

There's this thing called Common Sense 2012 it's very helpful when ever you are using the internet.

If you are not even willing to help, then why even bother posting in the thread? (other than to prove that you are a dick)

If you are not even willing to help, then why even bother posting in the thread? (other than to prove that you are a dick)

Am I really being a dick shooing a person who made an account just to ask how to download the mod when the download link is ON THE HOMEPAGE.

Yes. You were. He wasnt asking for the download link, he was asking for suggestions for the easiest and safest way to do it. Since you had no intention of offering advice, you trolled instead. Yes, you were really being a dick.

I will try the homepage but I never really knew if the six updater was safe. I just thought that there was a way of downloading it without any extra programs that is why i'm asking in the forums.

And due to me being a "newbie" at this game i'm sure i will be using the forums for any forward questions I might have.

Thank you for the help, I was just a little bit sketchy at downloading the six updater

Edited by banditoralf

The most convenient and update-friendly way is to use Sixupdater. Here's a series of screenshots I made in conjunction to this written guide: http://imgur.com/a/OnDiU

0. Download and install sixupdater from http://www.six-updater.net/

1. Launch Sixupdater. The window should look like the screenshot when it's fully loaded

2. Click on the "Mods" tab

3. Type "@dayz" in the text box to search for the mod. Right click on @dayz and select "Use mod in dynamic preset"

4. On the top of the Sixupdater window, check the "Beta" checkbox

5. In the left bar, your "Dynamic" preset should look bolded like this and with the same mods under it, but with blue icons instead of my green ones

6. In the top left corner, click the arrow under the green icon and select "Install and update mods"

7. Wait for it to finish downloading and installing the mods, then click on the arrow under the same green icon as in step 6, and select "Launch game"

I will try the homepage but I never really knew if the six updater was safe. I just thought that there was a way of downloading it without any extra programs that is why i'm asking in the forums.

And due to me being a "newbie" at this game i'm sure i will be using the forums for any forward questions I might have.

Thank you for the help, I was just a little bit sketchy at downloading the six updater

Don't worry, Sixupdater is completely safe and also very convenient. But if you don't want to use Sixupdater, here's a link that can help (make sure you follow the instructions that fit the Arma 2 that you have: either on Steam or retail): http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/1808-guide-installation-guide-steam-retail-mixed-beta-common-errors/