Sign in to follow this  
dlp12

GTX 570 + i5 2500k 5 FPS

When I play everything on low, I can get a good 50-60 FPS, but when I try to enjoy the game at it's fullest with maxed settings, I get 5 FPS AT MAX.

I have a 750 watt PSU powering a GeForce GTX 570 with 2560 MB of VRAM and a Intel i5 2500k.

I've heard that DayZ is poorly optimized because of the amount of zombies and more, but I see plenty of videos of people playing fine with maxed settings.

Why is this happening? Are the YouTubers lying about their settings? Do I need to adjust something?

Thanks for any help in advance.

How much RAM have you got ? I have a GTX 570 phantom and i too have performance issues, but only in cherno.

How much RAM have you got ? I have a GTX 570 phantom and i too have performance issues, but only in cherno.

8 GB of RAM OC'd @ 1600

Hmm 2 things.

1. When you set the graphics to the maximum, do you put video memory on anything else but default ? Always put video memory on default because for some reason, if you dont you will lose fps.

2. Make sure you set your 3d resolution to your screens resolution.Choosing an option that is higher than your monitors resolution will make the textures look better, but will severely impact your performance. If that does not work you can always try this :

Go to my documents , Arma 2, and then open ArmA2OA in your notepad, then find the following

GPU_MaxFramesAhead=

GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=

set them both to one so that it looks like this :

GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1;

GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=1;

Then save the changes. This should give you an performance boost.

Hmm 2 things.

1. When you set the graphics to the maximum, do you put video memory on anything else but default ? Always put video memory on default because for some reason, if you dont you will lose fps.

2. Make sure you set your 3d resolution to your screens resolution.Choosing an option that is higher than your monitors resolution will make the textures look better, but will severely impact your performance. If that does not work you can always try this :

Go to my documents , Arma 2, and then open ArmA2OA in your notepad, then find the following

GPU_MaxFramesAhead=

GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=

set them both to one so that it looks like this :

GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1;

GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=1;

Then save the changes. This should give you an performance boost.

I have done everything but your last suggestion. I will go try that.

I have done everything but your last suggestion. I will go try that.

They're already both set to 1.

Can you give me your in game graphic settings ?

Edited by radosm

I'm having the same setup, but playing fine on high settings. 60 fp/s in forest (vsync cap), sometimes dropping to about 30fp/s in Cherno or Electro. I'm even running some older drivers (295.73)

I'm having the same setup, but playing fine on high settings. 60 fp/s in forest (vsync cap), sometimes dropping to about 30fp/s in Cherno or Electro. I'm even running some older drivers (295.73)

I'm using the latest beta drivers.

Can you give me your in game graphic settings ?

They are basically all as high as they can go besides ATOC and post processing. 3D resolution is 100%.

Turn of anti aliasing and Vsync if you have not already. If that does not help then i have no clue what the problem is :P

Well I get good FPS without anti-aliasing, but I want to play with it on because the edges of objects look so much smoother. Oh well, I guess I will do without.