Sign in to follow this  
Lunek

Screaming Zombie / "Walking Dinnerbell"

So here's what was crossing my mind to make Zeds a bit more challenging:

A new zombie-type: The walking "Dinnerbell"

What is it?

An armless zombie with no real attacking capabilities.

(my bad... as stated below: not missing arms, just incapable of using them)

What does it do?

Basically if it spots you, the zombie will stare at you for a short period of time and growl (like 2 seconds) and then start chasing you while screaming - thus alerting any nearby zombie (in a 100-150m radius) of your position - kind of like a walking "dinnerbell" for all those hungry zeds out there :).

got any feedback? suggestions? complaints? stuff like that?

Edited by Lunek

Wouldnt it bleed out if it lost both arms? There are some pretty major arteries there

I would kind of like that, some variety in zombies beyond loot drops should be implemented. Also they probably should have arms for logical reasons like KnT47r stated but have some kind of noticeable feature that would give off that they are special.

Wouldnt it bleed out if it lost both arms? There are some pretty major arteries there

Well, maybe not both arms missing, but just incapable of moving his arms - ergo not able to tear you into pieces by himself.

I'm sure that it could be justified somehow - like a wounded soldier with his complete upperbody bandaged and those arm-slings, or a convicted fellow that has his arms cuffed behind his back, some guy from a crazy-asylum and a "happy-hug-myself-vest", or even just a guy that had broken arms before he turned and has to wear casts on his arms.

Edited by Lunek