Sign in to follow this  
DiscoRobo (DayZ)

Do dropped items disappear?

Thinking about buying CO for this, but I have a few questions first.

Do player stashes work? Like, if I drop a backpack full of stuff or drop several loose items, will it eventually disappear?

Obviously far away from any buildings/obvious loot spawns where people will look for normal loot spawns, so under a brush in the middle of nowhere - but I see some good strategy to this: Not losing everything when you die, not looking like a walking supply closet to PKers, sending one guy to draw out a herd and he doesn't lose everything if he dies, etc. Unless of course it all disappears while I don't have time to log in for a week.

best bet is to stalk the convience stores for a tent, but at the moment tents are near imposible to place down, more or less need a run way or parking lot to make it happy.

bags and loot on the ground will stay around as long as there is a player in the area or sometimes it will stay around till the server restarts.

this question has been answered before in previous posts, should always try the search feature first, but the answer would be dropped loot will despawn there is a clean up script in the game to help with FPS and lag, it is random, so if you leave loot on the ground there is no guarentee it will be there when you come back for it