SolarClipz

Why is this advertised as a Zombie game?

Hell, why are their zombies in this game at all? They literally provide nothing to the game.

This is a camp spawning sniper simulator. I was excited to finally find a true zombie survival game, but it's just another shooter deathmatch game.

I've played plenty of those and this one is no different, see a human, kill him.

Hell, why are their zombies in this game at all? They literally provide nothing to the game.

This is a camp spawning sniper simulator. I was excited to finally find a true zombie survival game, but it's just another shooter deathmatch game.

I've played plenty of those and this one is no different, see a human, kill him.

Your new, Go up north if you don't want to get killed, stay down south for player killing.

Seriously? you really honestly think that this is just another Dead Island or Left 4 Dead clone?

Obviously you have no survival skills. :thumbsup:

• Like 6

Don't be an ass, just because you got killed doesn't mean the game isn't a zombie simulator and that its a camping sniper simulator.

• Like 2

Maybe because there a few Zombies in the game ?

Your new, Go up north if you don't want to get killed

Really?

Hang in there Solar, I am hanging out to see what changes are introduced to reduce the bloodshed and bring back comraderie into the game. Bring back the bandit skins !!!

• Like 1

Seriously? you really honestly think that this is just another Dead Island or Left 4 Dead clone?

Obviously you have no survival skills. :thumbsup:

It's nothing like those...because those are zombie games and this is a deathmatch game.

Bring back the bandit skins !!!

How is bringing back the bandit skins going to help?

this game, isnt advertised at all. and what the developer calls this game is a survival simulation. it happens to have infected. dont put words in the dev;s mouth.

"zombies" are here to attract (future) customers... for the rest it's a slow paced shooter at the moment. Let's hope it will change.

I agree. That's why I thought I came here for. Sure...I don't mind killing every moving thing that I come across, but that just makes a shallow game.

Edited by SolarClipz

It's actually a very good survival simulator if you play more cautiously. Don't go running through Cherno or Elektro freely. Be extremely patient passing through high-traffic areas. Get some supplies and head north, explore some new areas, play with friends, and eventually you'll be needing food, water, medical supplies. All day I've played with my friend and the only conflicts we had were not campers, but the fact that we had zombies break our legs, ran low on blood, my friend got an infection, etc. Then we had to venture to Elektro to stock up and leave. You absolutely can play survival but you need to avoid the Balota/Cherno/Elektro killing-line.

Well, it IS based around a zombie apocalypse, it has zombies . . . by that reasoning it's a "zombie survival simulator". The PvP is the players, that's not the "game" so much, as the players can choose how to conduct themselves in regard to one another. If no-one was really keen on the whole PvP thing, then no-one would engage in it.

It's nothing like those...because those are zombie games and this is a deathmatch game.

I'll leave it at ZERO survival skills. You're basically playing it like those other games. LOL, not gonna work.

I've kept alive for 12 hours, stocked with food/drink and some pretty good gear and I've killed ZERO other players.

Get smart and play smart.

Edited by jay.pis

They aren't zombies, rocket said himself that no one knows what they are they are just infected and that's all we know. You also have been on the wrong side of the barrel because that is not what this game is. Plus the infected just make it hard to get into a city. So if you think they should take them out then I think we should just have a window at the start of the game with a list of guns and you get to choose which one you want because that will end up happening without infected.

They aren't zombies, rocket said himself that no one knows what they are they are just infected and that's all we know. You also have been on the wrong side of the barrel because that is not what this game is. Plus the infected just make it hard to get into a city. So if you think they should take them out then I think we should just have a window at the start of the game with a list of guns and you get to choose which one you want because that will end up happening without infected.

No, I am saying that if zombies were removed then the game wouldn't miss a beat. Still have to get through all the players to find gear. Then it's right back to the deathmatch.

Edited by SolarClipz
  • Like 1

So many incorrect statements in your post, not sure where I should begin.

Zombies are an environmental hazard. If you disagree with that I guess you've never been knocked down with a broken leg by one swipe from a zombie.

You've never aggro'd a zombie while trying to sneak into town.

You've never aggro'd a zombie while firing your weapon.

etc., ad nauseum.

As far as how this game is different than other PvP games, it is quite easily stated: Open World, start with nothing but a bandage and a flash light. There are lots of PvE zombie games but I can't think of another Open World PvP, barehanded start game. I can't even think of an open world PvP game that isn't just a subset of some crappy MMO.

If you want to play against zombie AI that never learns, that never challenges, that grows stale within minutes of playing the game there are plenty of PvE zombie games to choose from. Go play them.

If on the other hand you want open world hardcore PvP in a zombie-infested post-apocalyptic landscape you came to the right place.

Edited by random51
  • Like 3

So many incorrect statements in your post, not sure where I should begin.

Zombies are an environmental hazard. If you disagree with that I guess you've never been knocked down with a broken leg by one swipe from a zombie.

You've never aggro'd a zombie while trying to sneak into town.

You've never aggro'd a zombie while firing your weapon.

etc., ad nauseum.

As far as how this game is different than other PvP games, it is quite easily stated: Open World, start with nothing but a bandage and a flash light. There are lots of PvE zombie games but I can't think of another Open World PvP, barehanded start game. I can't even think of an open world PvP game that isn't just a subset of some crappy MMO.

If you want to play against zombie AI that never learns, that never challenges, that grows stale within minutes of playing the game there are plenty of PvE zombie games to choose from. Go play them.

If on the other hand you want open world hardcore PvP in a zombie-infested post-apocalyptic landscape you came to the right place.

You still have to sneak from other players. You still have to be careful shooting at players in case you give away your position.

The zombies are a threat for like...the first 15 minutes until you find your first weapon. After that, it's no longer the zombies you are hiding from. They don't contribute much at all.

zombies are still a threat when u find a wep, do u sneak away from them or past them?

or risk putting a few rounds in em while u scvange for supplys then giving ur pos away to other players and having them kill u and take all ur gear?

its a game about making a choice?

do i kil that other player?

do i kill a zombie?

do i help this newb i see on the coast?

just seems like most ppl make the choice of shooting on sight

everything is a threat, and a lot of players get paranoid about loseing there scavanaged gear

spend countless hours sneaking from town to town looking for a sniper rile and would u let sumone get close enough to kill u and take it?

Obviously few here will agree, but I actually tend to think zombies could be removed from DayZ entirely and it would be a much better game.

Some changes would need to be made to make players still play with caution so it's not just a FPS - you still want people on edge. I think this could be easily achieved though based solely on the threat of other players.

Right now, zombies are annoyances and completely out of tune with the actual good parts of DayZ. I never see them as being much more than a secondary part of the game fun and enjoyment wise, and yet they force you to crawl around on your belly in situations where being prone makes little sense really. I've never heard of zombies who can't see thing moving along the ground - it makes no sense.

With a name like DayZ though the path has been chosen, and IMO it was a necessary path to attract attention, at the expense of a better gaming experience. If I knew a similar game that was all about a realistic apocolyptic survival with the junk like zombies removed, I'd be playing that instead.

It takes a special kind of person to experience Day Z the way it was meant to be, for longer than a few days at least. You are SUPPOSED to be lost, scared, starving, huddling under a tree in the rain, wondering if you will find a well in time to avoid dying of thirst (IN THE RAIN).

The only people that really really enjoy Day Z are :

1) Completely new to the game, and have no idea what is going on, and just take things as they come, or

2) An experienced veteran that can still think like that, and not kill the immersion experience with foreknowledge.

For the rest of the player base, it's either a vehicle repair/camping simulator, or a deathmatch mode that JUST so happens to let you starve to death if you don't pay attention very well.

While either of those CAN be mildly fun, they are NOTHING compared to the way you are supposed to experience Day Z. I speak from experience, because I already killed the immersion for myself once, and it took starting over from nothing with no aids and selectively ignoring everything I had already learned. Having a great time of it too. :)

Do you really think during a real zombie apocalypse that "zombies" would be the biggest threat to anyone with half a brain?

The enemy will always be other humans. If you're getting killed by shambling corpses, you deserve to die.

Next.

• Like 2

You still have to sneak from other players. You still have to be careful shooting at players in case you give away your position.

The zombies are a threat for like...the first 15 minutes until you find your first weapon. After that, it's no longer the zombies you are hiding from. They don't contribute much at all.

The fact still remains, you're still trying to survive from players or zombies alike.

We would all like to hear your version of a zombie SURVIVAL game and please don't say Dead Island or L4D. Those games are straight up coop shooters.