levelxplane

My Turn: Arma II:OA has stopped responding (on launch)

So, if I start a fresh install of Arma II:Operation Arrowhead, it works fine. Played Dayz for a few hours one night, went to sleep, and came back and the game stopped responding.

I have a ATI Mobility Radeon 5730 and and a 1.6 Quadcore i7.

I have Steam, Arma II, and Arma II: OA running as Administrator. Whenever I update the game with Six Launcher, Arma II: OA completely stops responding when I try to run Dayz, Same thing with the ArmaII: OA, if ran through Steam. The game itself won't start.

On top of that, my computer literally stops responding. The internet gets stupidly slow. Task Manager can't even close it via processes without having a 5 min lag.

287hu35.pngThis is what happens. The white box in the middle is supposed to be the loading screen for Arma II, but that doesn't even work.

Thank you in advance. I'd really appreciate any response :3

Edited by levelxplane

I installed a new AV recently & also had this issue. I added my 'steam' folder to its list of exclusions and it worked fine after that.

I installed a new AV recently & also had this issue. I added my 'steam' folder to its list of exclusions and it worked fine after that.

I have Microsoft Security Essentials, but I will try that.

I Verified File Integrity through steam and removed the "-beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -nosplash -mod=@Dayz" from the command line option in Steam.

Started Arma II Operation Overhead and it starts, but crashes when it gets to Bohemia Interactive title screen. Any suggestions?

Edited by levelxplane