Sign in to follow this  
Pickbo

My friend turned into a zombie...

Obvious BS. I can believe the skin change was done by a hacker, but I doubt that your friend would lose control of his character and attack you against his will. No script can do that.

You clearly have no idea. All it does is put them under AI control. Every time you change skin in this game you're actually changing character, it's not just a visual thing. So if you become a zombie, you become an actual zombie and zombies are controlled by the CPU. The hacker is not directly controlling them.

This script itself would only be something like "player_humanityMorph: z_soldier_pilot", very simple

• Like 1

How?

If someone is unconscious, you can scroll on their body and it gives the option to drag them. You can also put them in the car if you have one. I did that once and saved my buddies life when we were surrounded.. Needless to say it cost a few blood packs afterwards lol

If someone is unconscious, you can scroll on their body and it gives the option to drag them. You can also put them in the car if you have one. I did that once and saved my buddies life when we were surrounded.. Needless to say it cost a few blood packs afterwards lol

T.I.L.

• Like 1

Just happened to me. Then I typed it into google. It is real. It took me to 6k blood before I realized wtf was going on and I disconnected. Came back to a new server and I still had 12k blood so that was cool.

Edited by noey jerd

this sounds like bullshit, or your friend was just trying to kill you

It's not bullshit. Hackers I have a script that changes their or other players' skin, one of the skin is zombie. It's similar to changing players into dogs or birds.

A hacker cant even do that, scripts cant turn you into a zombie qnd take over your mouse. Mabye change your skin and model but thats really it. Otherwise this story sounds like bullshit

Do you realise how ignorant you are?..

"scripts cant turn you into a zombie qnd take over your mouse"

Wrong, the script is already there for the AI characters so running the script for a player char is entirely possible and how naive do you have to be to assume a remote desktop type attack lmao.

I don't have any idea what it was, but sounds cool :)

Here is an idea. Whenever someone dies/gets killed, he turns into a zombie within like... 5 minutes? 10?

Anyhow, he turns into a zombie and walks around with his stuff :D

Talk about realism...

Maybe it sounds dumb, but it would give people a reason to hunt zombies down

Me and my good friend are working our way through starry sober, [...]

Is that right next to Stary Drunk?

• Like 2

OP is talking bullshit. Let this thread die.

Haha sounds like someone has more info on the subject than he wants publicly known. Maybe a glitch or hack you don't want fixed?

You didn't happen to get too close to Green Mountain? If yes, that would explain everything.

24220040.jpg

Proof has been posted, where's the nay sayers now?

Proof was never really needed to begin with, just an understanding of how Arma works, how scripts run and how big a dick hackers can be ;)

If this isn't bullshit (the most likely answer) then it's the work of an anomalous bug.

I highly doubt it's true; in fact I'm going to call it bullshit, though such a system would be pretty cool in future builds of the game. Say a character gets 'infected' somehow, against his knowledge. He then loses control of his 'character' after some amount of time and has bouts of being a regular infected amidst his typical playing. He could be helping someone and suddenly he's out of control and can only watch helplessly as he begins to melee someone and likely gets shot.

Certainly not going to happen any time soon, but it's a neat premise for the future of the game.

THIS NEEDS TO HAPPEN

• Like 1

Do you realise how ignorant you are?..

"scripts cant turn you into a zombie qnd take over your mouse"

Wrong, the script is already there for the AI characters so running the script for a player char is entirely possible and how naive do you have to be to assume a remote desktop type attack lmao.

I said it couldn't take over his mouse, which a script cant! He described it as it literally did take over his mouse. But clearly in the video the body teleported to his location and hurt him, sounds like you don't know shit about scripts. Let alone programming.

The "pics or it didn't happen" comments are amusing. Some people are clearly ignorant to the power of executing Arma2 scripts. Yes, hackers can force both you and servers to execute scripts. In this case, Arma2's extensibility and moddability is a bit of an Achilles' Heel.

This just happened to me. I posted a thread about it. I wanna say it was a hacker, but like you guys I am not sure... When I know one of my friends can come to my location to save my gear tomorrow, I may try to record it before I die. If anyone else comes across this feel free to PM me or reply to my thread.

I almost feel like maybe this is the same hacker? Possibly?

On a side note... F THIS GAME... play for 6+ hours on one character just to die from some hacker/glitch... ugh! haha

I said it couldn't take over his mouse, which a script cant! He described it as it literally did take over his mouse. But clearly in the video the body teleported to his location and hurt him, sounds like you don't know shit about scripts. Let alone programming.

In a video game an already in-place script can override the functions of your mouse. The mouse still has home-system priority, but may not function in the game. Kind of how a character may interact with his/her environment through an in-game cutscene (similar to a couple other games). So yeah, it can't TECHNICALLY override mouse functions, but it can take priority. Which, if the story is accurate, is probably what happened here.

Also, this was in relation to THIS game. Scripts in this game would be hard pressed, damn near impossible, to fully manipulate a mouse. BUT, outside of this game, there are scripts that can override mouse control such as python scripts(easy to use, user friendly ones for remote tasks), and take control of it. Just to clear up any confusion. These scripts involve more than just a script obviously, but the script is the master/executable and it controls the other variables involved in taking over the mouse.

Edited by PunchClockVillain
  • Like 1

The OP just described it wrong but how was he suppose to know how the script works. It doesn't "take over the mouse" per say but you do lose control of your avatar. Anyway I think the last patch was suppose to somewhat fix this so when you log out and back in you revert back to being a survivor.

In a video game an already in-place script can override the functions of your mouse. The mouse still has home-system priority, but may not function in the game. Kind of how a character may interact with his/her environment through an in-game cutscene (similar to a couple other games). So yeah, it can't TECHNICALLY override mouse functions, but it can take priority. Which, if the story is accurate, is probably what happened here.

Also, this was in relation to THIS game. Scripts in this game would be hard pressed, damn near impossible, to fully manipulate a mouse. BUT, outside of this game, there are scripts that can override mouse control such as python scripts(easy to use, user friendly ones for remote tasks), and take control of it. Just to clear up any confusion. These scripts involve more than just a script obviously, but the script is the master/executable and it controls the other variables involved in taking over the mouse.

I'm done arguing, whatever

I have to say, pics or it didn't happen

Sorry to say that, but that is bullshit! Invent a screenshot button and we could easily prove the bugs and hacks ingame!

Same thing happened to me yesterday:

http://dayzmod.com/f...de/#entry661464

Not everyone has the possibility to capture videos. and when that happens to you, you dont even have 1 minute before you die, so even if i would have taken out my RL cam it could have been to late and no one would have believed me... how can you not believe your community, when those things happen to more than one person in an alpha stated game? pics or it didnt happen... in a game that has no screenshot button... *facepalm*

EVEN FKN MINECRAFT HAS A SCREENSHOT BUTTON... -.-

Edited by Punishr23

there is even a video posted on the second page of this thread and still people saying "pics or it didnt happen"

FYI: that 1 minute video got like 1800 pictures of information and even sound to prove that this is entirely possible.

In case you did not notice: It seems as if every user who wants to can execute any script on the servers, including teleporting, changing player skins, getting invulnerable, spawning gear etc. BattleEye is currently NOT able to prevent that from happening.