Sign in to follow this  
austendude

"Save Old Bike" doesn't do shit...

This has happend twice already. I go out in the middle of nowhere way up north in hte woods, park my bike (its facing ground and hard to see) and run to nearest town for supplies. I am very cautious. I come back to my bike next day and it is missing. I know for a fact no one stole it because 1) i hide it REALLY good, trust me. 2) it was getting dark, so by time somene got it would be pitch black, so unless they had NVGs and a bike detector, uhnlikely.

Do bikes disappear if you leave it for a little while and log off?? Even if u press save bike many times?

THis has happend TWICE!!!

I believe vechiles, much like tents are failing to save recently.. its alot more annoying when you find a broken vechile, run off and get all the parts, to return and find it gone ;)

Same thing happened to the one bike I ever got my hands on. Hid it in a place noone could find (not even people looking for such places :P), then placed it up against a tree, carefully hidden in a pine grove. The only way they could find it is if they were for some reason scanning every single tree in that area with a toothpick. I had trouble finding it myself when I returned later that day. I saved it a ton of times over that 2 hour period of bike ownership, never even moved it from that spot. Next morning, it's gone.

The server could have just eaten the vehicle. It's been largely fixed but it still happens, especially if the server updates either the mod or the beta. I've lost all of the vehicles I've ever managed to get my hands on within hours because of metal-hungry servers.

I stole it ;)

Then you sir are beyond a human. No man could have seen the bikes i hid...

I've never been able to keep a vehicle for more than a day/play session. Tents sometimes save, sometimes wiped of contents and sometimes they just disappear completely. The only items I've ever been able to keep for more than ~2 days are the ones I'm carrying with me, but even then they sometimes just disappear.

Kind of makes me want to log off and just wait for the standalone. I want to survive, (re)build and settle down in the game, not just running around looking at the same trees, houses, loot spawns and the occasional bandit every time I play. My play sessions nowadays consists of running and running for hours on end just looking for the rare sight of survivor camps and vehicles, because it's more dynamic than raiding the supermarket for the 354468413th time, picking up the same loot from the same spawns and using the loot for the same things every. single. time. Eating beans, drinking cokes, throwing cans, ignore the rest because I already have all I need to survive.

I'm trying to be creative, but playing alone really doesn't allow for much exciting experiences when all there is to do is jerk around with friends and organizing events. Organizing my one-man-army isn't very rewarding or challenging, not to mention the conversations between me and myself are growing thin when there isn't much new information to be process around me.

I'm just hoping for the few dynamic mechanics there are to be more stable and reliable. Building a camp of tents, wires and sandbags(of which I haven't found a single one in over 200h of gameplay) is better than to just keep running around trees.

tl;dr:

I'm bored with the game, but too stubborn to accept the sad truth that the game is too static and repetitive in its current state.

Check the location you saved it at or found it out before then sometimes it will reset back.