Sign in to follow this  
scourg3

Random Death

I don't understand how I died.

It was night time and I had recently re-spawned near Elektro and started to make my way inside

I find the School House and spot a dead survivor in the middle of the lower floor.

Just as I am about to reach him and have a look at his gear, I hear a shot and a bullet impact near his body.

Now I know I wont be able to loot the body without getting shot, so I slowly move to a side door of the building and peer out.

On top of the building directly south of the School House I see the outline of a player holding a weapon. I realize that he must of been the bandit that shot the survivor that was inside the School House.

I then decide to retreat behind some northern buildings and make my way around the east side of Elektro to reach the building the bandit is on.

Suddenly, I die for no reason, just like that. 12,000 blood gone in an instant. I heard no shot, no loud noises, no quiet noises, nothing at all that could of been a gunshot.

I was also inside a building with no way possible of being seen from the outside, and I was the only person inside.

I had no zombies chasing me, and my ping was also about 50.

So what the hell killed me?

Edited by scourg3

Could have been a hacker. Did you notice if the whole server died as well?

But then again, this is alpha.

Could have been a hacker. Did you notice if the whole server died as well?

But then again, this is alpha.

It was just me that died, the in-game messages didn't mention any other deaths.

Ok. Might be an Admin mucking around. But, I have died just randomly like that once.

Not too sure what the problem is. You might of been shot though and the sound might of glitched.

Ok. Might be an Admin mucking around. But, I have died just randomly like that once.

Not too sure what the problem is. You might of been shot though and the sound might of glitched.

It's happened before too.

I was running around between buildings trying to lose a zombie, and I randomly dropped from 12,000 blood to 5,000, and then again from 5,000 to -3,000.

I could of been shot, but yet again there was no noise.

It's happened before too.

I was running around between buildings trying to lose a zombie, and I randomly dropped from 12,000 blood to 5,000, and then again from 5,000 to -3,000.

I could of been shot, but yet again there was no noise.

Could've of been a AS50 from miles away. They make hardly any noise when fired at a long distance.

Or a silenced weapon. That's the best chances you got.

Hope this helped :)

Could've of been a AS50 from miles away. They make hardly any noise when fired at a long distance.

Or a silenced weapon. That's the best chances you got.

Hope this helped :)

The AS50 is possible, I might start testing gun shot sound distances in the ArmA2 OA editing.

But I don't think it was a silenced weapon, it would of had to have been close range and multiple shots to do that much damage, and I would of heard it.

The AS50 is possible, I might start testing gun shot sound distances in the ArmA2 OA editing.

But I don't think it was a silenced weapon, it would of had to have been close range and multiple shots to do that much damage, and I would of heard it.

I guess so. Bear Traps?

But it probably was some type of Sniper Rifle.

In my experience/opinion its a glitch. Many a time have I broken a bone and fell over and died at 12k blood with no timer. The only other reason is a hack. Im guessing the latter to be honest as whenever it happens to me it happens to a few other people as well.