Sign in to follow this  
Akiba92

[Suggestion] Grouping System

The ability to invite people into a private group would come in handy for people that don't use teamspeak etc. You have to have a minimum of four people to start a group and once you're in that group you will have an icon above your head. This icon is only viewable to people inside of the group. Although the main idea I wanted to put forward was group spawning. If you're all in a group together you can all spawn at the same location, or at least a smaller distance apart to stop spawn kills.

That is all.

Group spawning isnt the best of ideas. It would have to be implemented so delicately. What stops me from spawning on my group in a firefight?

The icon would ruin immersion. I don't know if you've played in a group before, but it's incredibly difficult to keep track of everyone and I like it better that way.

An icon that appears when you're within 10m of them would be nice, but you shouldn't be able to see them from any distance beyond that.

While it's a nice idea in concept to be able to group up, forcing any mechanics through systems goes against what this mod is trying to do.

This mod wants to be as open and minimalistic as possible. It doesn't want to assume that you play a certain way. If you want to form a group, the you have to do so organically and not through a coded grouping system. Also, Rocket seems to want as little GUI stuff as possible.

And I'd have to agree with his philosophy.

PS @mkrrr, you should try to at least be constructive in your lazy replies. What is the point of even stating "no group spawning plz hurr durr" without a reason why you are against it?

I dunno It's just so hard to find where your friend is sometimes, and when you finally do know where they are you have to walk 150km the other way. I'll edit the post with anything you guys think should be added instead though.

I agree with the OP

And did any of you actually read his post

he said a PRIVATE group

this really needs to be implimented

people will get bored of having to run around for an hour trying to find there mate only to be killed at the last minute.

rocket please do this as a private system only

but make it so you can only do this at the COAST and not right in the map and within the first 2 mins to avoid cheating.

thank you

I agree with the OP

And did any of you actually read his post

he said a PRIVATE group

this really needs to be implimented

people will get bored of having to run around for an hour trying to find there mate only to be killed at the last minute.

rocket please do this as a private system only

but make it so you can only do this at the COAST and not right in the map and within the first 2 mins to avoid cheating.

thank you

Read my thread about this here:

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=5305

It covers group spawning at the coast spawn points and in a non game-breaking way.

I think an easy and quick squad management menu is all that is required, in the tutorial video they do not cover how squads are locked and how to invite players into the squad.

also when in the squad you can use group chat to talk to players in that squad but not outside the squad, keeping communication to just that squad, it also allows for people to still hear you in direct chat so your conversation is not private if you are close to other players.