Sign in to follow this  
Sula

Got Day Z to work but now can't access Op Arrowhead's Armory

3 or 4 weeks ago I bought Arma 2 and Arrowhead (Combined Ops I think) via Steam. I then followed the instructions and got Six Launcher too. No matter how I tried, or who I asked, I couldn't get Day Z to work. I got error messages of all kinds but eventually the only one I got often was "wait for host". I waited but nothing happened. I tried Day z commander but had very similar problems.

Last night, when the servers weren't working, I decided to download everything again, including: Day Z, Six Launcher and Day Z Commander. I noticed that something new popped up. It was called battle eye or eagle eye? It said it was reinstalling, I think. McAffee asked if it should be allowed and I said yes.

I didn't try Day Z as I assumed it wouldn't work, as I hadn't done anything differently to the many other times I'd tried to install and run the game. But I did try to set up a server via Arrowhead and run the Armory. I've been driving trucks in the armory for weeks because I couldn't get into Day Z.

But instead of a server opening with Armory running, I got a picture of a cottage, flowers blowing in the wind and music playing. No server. Any idea why? Or what I can do about it?

Thinking back I remember another difference. Usually when I go into the Expanisions menu @dayz is at the bottom and the OK button is greyed out. But today when I tried Day Z for the first time it worked and I had a great time. I remember noticing in the expansion menu @dayz was at the top and can now be selected. It's not greyed out.

I mention it because I'm at a lost. I've no idea whether it's relevant to this problem.

I hope someone can help.

Thanks

Sula

You must disable or delete DayZ in order to play the singleplayer part of arma

Battleye is the anti-cheat

When playing Arma 2 and Arrowhead disable DayZ in the Expansions menu first or or will cause problems.

• Like 1

Thanks, though I won't be deleting games to play day z! I'll try disabling it first. Thanks for you help, I appreciate it. Feel lost without my armory to play in. :)

Theres nothing to delete. Mods and addons can be disabled and enabled in the Expansions menu.

You can keep the files in the Arma 2 folder, the engine only loads them when they are enabled.

How can I disable DayZ? sorry I sound like a complete newbie,but when I click it on ARMA 2: CO Expansions menu it won't let me disable.

EDIT: Already found how to run Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA fine. You need to take out of your launch options the "-mod=@DayZ" from Arma 2 OA. So,basically,if you want to play Arma 2,you need to disable DayZ manually.

Edited by vanden1989

Ok finally got it to work. Good bye Six Updater hello Dayz Commander. Not sure why it worked with Commander and not within the games built in mutli player mode or with Six Updater. But its working.

I have the game installed through Steam as well. You make a special non-Steam modified shortcut to run DayZ in Steam if you'd like to use the overlay. Otherwise, the default shortcuts that Steam makes for Arma 2 and OA should run those base games just fine. I've never had to delete DayZ or anything like that.

I've only had to delete ARMA 2 when I mucked the crap out of it. There are some guides on the GuideZ channel for updating/installing/etc