susscon

My fan made wallpaper

I'm not trying to be a d*ck but you should honestly spend more time working on text. I know it can be a bitch at times and even more so if the motive is featuring a brand but I see you've simply used blending options/'filters' like bevel and emboss which rarely gets the job done. For the sake of your future wallpapers and any other kind of graphical art, please focus on getting the text right.

Well seeing as im not a professional graphic art designer and just someone who whipped these up in 10 minutes i think the txts looks just fine for fan art, and if i was a professional i sure wont be using photoshop and would be getting payed for my work. lol

:)

Well seeing as im not a professional graphic art designer and just someone who whipped these up in 10 minutes i think the txts looks just fine for fan art, and if i was a professional i sure wont be using photoshop and would be getting payed for my work. lol

:)

In all fairness, I'm not a professional either. I was just trying to be constructive.

When I was still a rookie and didn't know much about Photoshop, this is what I was regularly producing:

darkmessiahjy5.gif

Just like you, I was enjoying bevel and emboss but I received a lot of slack for it. And deservedly so. It just looks awful.

My latest works are in a whole different category if you ask me (and I'm still not a professional):

Insanityborder.png

HomervsTonyHawk.png

Trust me, text means more than you might think.

• Like 1

In all fairness, I'm not a professional either. I was just trying to be constructive.

When I was still a rookie and didn't know much about Photoshop, this is what I was regularly producing:

darkmessiahjy5.gif

Just like you, I was enjoying bevel and emboss but I received a lot of slack for it. And deservedly so. It just looks awful.

My latest works are in a whole different category if you ask me (and I'm still not a professional):

Insanityborder.png

HomervsTonyHawk.png

Trust me, text means more than you might think.

Real good man fair play, looks professional enough to me buddy (but true designers never boast there own work anyway)

was that all done on photoshop aswell? ill have to look up some tutorials and get into it more when i have time, i love anything creative, so im always looking for new curves and tips, i also use cinema 4D in my spare time and Ableton live for music production.

but yeh liking your work its awesome, ill take your advice and work on the txt a bit more and see how it turns out on my next attempt.

Edited by Susscon

Real good man fair play, looks professional enough to me buddy (but true designers never boast there own work anyway)

was that all done on photoshop aswell? ill have to look up some tutorials and get into it more when i have time, i love anything creative, so im always looking for new curves and tips, i also use cinema 4D in my spare time and Ableton live for music production.

but yeh liking your work its awesome, ill take your advice and work on the txt a bit more and see how it turns out on my next attempt.

I've never used anything else but Photoshop for my signatures. When I was still trying to work out what did the job for me, I tried a lot of different signature tutorials on deviantART.com. There's a lot of truly inspiring work there and several well-explained tutorials for various Photoshop tools. Once you've tried them enough times, all the various tools will be things you can apply to any piece of graphic art you might get yourself involved with in the future. I haven't used Photoshop much the past two-three years and I'm extremely rusty but as soon as I open it, all the right things just come flying back to me.

(And I wasn't really trying to boast. I just figured it'd be easier to illustrate the difference with actual 'pictures' instead of explaining it by the use of nothing but words.)