Sign in to follow this  
GulpinGulpin

items dissapearing?

so my friend and I recently made our first camp, we only have one tent, but my friend had an m24, an alice pack and an m 1911, and a bunch of shit in his toolbelt

so idk if this has anything to do w/ the tent being made, but two days in a row when my friend has logged out, he lost everything that he had, the first time it was like 4 guns, idk which four, and this time it was an m24 and some more shit

so what can we do to fix this?

the game is buggy, if you lose items its pretty much best to shrug it off and move on, often its issues with things not updating, for example, your items on your char are (i belive) stored on the hive server, however tents are stored on the server host, which means if there's any discrepancy between the 2 saves and you log out say having taken all your stuff out of a tent, it may be both you didnt save and it did either, meaning the items are gone from your invent and no longer should be in the tent(i've lost 3 bizons 2 coyote backpacks and some gilly suits to this) the solution, or work around if you prefer is always to give the game a couple of mins to update before you ever log out if possible

Edited by DeepIndigo

Well, to specify, we did lose our primary and secondary weapon as well as the tools we had equipped and our backpacks. Ammo and food was still in our inventory though.

We didn't even make it back to our tents as we were missing our map as well as our compass, so i don't know if our loot's still in there.

I'm sad for you guys, but atm tents are completely bugged, don't stock nothing in there because all the items will disappear as soon the server restart. Servers actually don't save whats inside, they save the position of the tent after you placed and saved it. Wait for the next patch before using them again.