Sign in to follow this  
pantsumann

Molotovs?

I have some hard time finding any guides on exactly what you can do in this mod, like how vehicles work and all the spare parts scattered over the map. And empty whiskey bottles? Can we, or will we be able to make molotovs to cut off zombies from a path in the towns?

It would be cool if you could take a whiskey bottle and add some gasoline and bandage?

And as stated above, any guides anywhere?

while a Molotov would be cool I don't think ARMA supports fire.

And right now, there's no crafting. What you find is what you get.

And right now' date=' there's no crafting. What you find is what you get.

[/quote']

As for the "crafting", all you should need is the whiskey bottle and be looking at a source of fuel (Like a Jerry can or fuel pump), much like the water bottles. ;)

And right now' date=' there's no crafting. What you find is what you get.

[/quote']

Well I mean you can cook meat with the mouse wheel so that's a way of crafting. You're talking about a lot of things to carry just to make a molotov though. Gas, Bottle, Bandage, Matches.

Well I've been proven wrong, would be a nice addition in this case, thou since you can burn buildings and forests may want to think it over if it permanently damages them.

Molotovs have been suggested and rumor has it, in the works (use forum search before posting please)

Molotov are very well possible through scripting. Not even that hard to do (except for the usual hassle with multiplayer scripting).

Just dont expect any sort of spreading fire, I bet it would be more like a burning area that causes damage when you get too close. (atleast that is the easiest way to do it)

Yes of course. The fire spreading is completely unnecessary and would probably cause more trouble than good.

My thought is that it's mainly to cut off roads in towns when killing zombies, or trapping other players. Area effect, but no spread. Whiskey bottle, fuel, bandage and matches should be the only thing you need. Since like all of these stack in different categorys on your inventory the items needed wont take up much space.