Sign in to follow this  
iHACC

Any fixes for FPS?

I have a GTS 250, Q9550 and 4GB of ram. I run the game in windows mode 1280x720 and tried adding these codes in -winxp -cpucount -world=empty etc.. and tried messing with the notepad files but it just doesn't seem to do it. I also tried configuring the Nvidia control settings and nothing really changes. I have 15 FPS on cherno last time i checked and about 20-45fps near oceans/small towns. I also have a friend who uses a laptop with a dualcore and he gets almost the same exact fps as i do. I would love if anyone can recommend other ways to increase performance. Thank you!

http://i.imgur.com/1P8W0.jpg

Edited by iHACC

In Video options its necessary to switch the "resolution" and the "3d Resolution" to the same value: for example 1920*1080(100%) and 1920*1080(100%)

Hope it helped :) !

• Like 1

i have the same problem. cpu i5-2410, vga gt540m. Canyourunit says, that I should run it without problems, but in reality I get only 15 - 20 fps.

There is a HUGE fps fix which should be a requirement for the game. Its only for INTEL users but you are one so.

Disable Hyperthreading in bios. It will 2x your fps. I went from 25 fps til 65-70.

Basicly why its a problem is that hyperthreading simulates you have extra cores, it adds virtual cores which the game will treat as physical cores. So its spreading the performance to each core, but its spreading it to 8 cores causes of your quad core. Which means you are getting 50% less performance because of hyperthreading.

Not all games are like this, but hyperthreading should be disabled for all multi core cpus.

You need to list all your settings in order for peeps to be able to help. And your complete PC specs.

m6olc5mnt3az3rm9w6k.png pc specs. So, it isn't enough to play at least on medium settings? Edited by Adenauer

set GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1;

in your ArmA2OA.cfg file. Which is located in ...Users/../Documents/Arma folder

It helps.

Postprocessing and antialiasing off helps, too. Shadows off aswell.

Not everyone has Hyperthreading option in Bios to set.

Also FPS depends on serverperformance, too, There are bad ones out there.

m6olc5mnt3az3rm9w6k.png pc specs. So, it isn't enough to play at least on medium settings?

Is that a laptop?

Doesn't look like a gaming graphics card and the cou is weak.. Does not look good enough for medium. Try everything on low or off.

Wasent there a commands to tell the game how many hyper threads to use? just set it to the amount of cores or something and it might just use the physical cores and leave the other virtual cores alone ??

i believe its -exThreads=7 make it =4 ofc

Edited by Snoozles
  • Like 1

set GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1;

in your ArmA2OA.cfg file. Which is located in ...Users/../Documents/Arma folder

It helps.

no , it doesn't for me.

Postprocessing and antialiasing off helps, too. Shadows off aswell.

yeah, helps a little bit, but then game looks terrrrribbblee and it's not enjoyable. Well, me sad, thought, that I'll able to play this on medium at least.. wasted money..

Ah, yes, also interesting is that my friend is running arma 2 on i3 laptop, 17'' screen and VGA similar to mine pretty smoothly on low, medium settings..

Is that a laptop?

Doesn't look like a gaming graphics card and the cou is weak.. Does not look good enough for medium. Try everything on low or off.

yeah, laptop..

Try this, on your Nvidia settings for 3d Applications. you might have to manually add Arma2ao.exe

Nvidia control panel:

Ambient Occlusion - Off

Anisotropic Filtering - Application controlled

AntiAliasing Gamma Correction - On

AntiAliasing Mode - Application controlled

AntiAliasing Setting - Application controlled

AntiAliasing Transparency - Off

Maximum Pre-Rendered Frames - 8

Multi-Display/GPU Accelaration - Single Displace Performance Mode

Power Management Mode - Prefer Maximum Performance

Texture Filtering Sample Optimization - On

Texture Filtering Negative LOD Bias - Allow

Texture Filtering Quality - High Performance

Texture Filtering Trilinear Optimization - On

Threaded Optimization - Auto

Tripple Buffering - Off

Vertical Sync - Off

This improved my performance significantly! Btw i use a GTS450 with all settings on very high (except post processing and video card memory)

Also by chance does anyone know how to use RamDisk and have the game launched from DayZCommander? and can anyone actually confirm if RamDisk method actually helps?

RamDisk only help loading textures faster... and they do work well.. but with 4 GB Ram that is really not a option for you.

I fear the latest beta patch messed arma oa and its beta, too. Rebooted computer, seems to do good now. hmmm

Edited by Gradan

Wasent there a commands to tell the game how many hyper threads to use? just set it to the amount of cores or something and it might just use the physical cores and leave the other virtual cores alone ??

i believe its -exThreads=7 make it =4 ofc

Does this work man?

Does this work man?

This is from the Wiki, personally i didn't find a change when using it but may help others.

-exThreads= is option to define extra threads.

All file operations go through a dedicated thread. This offloads some processing from the main thread, however it adds some overhead at the same time. The reason why threaded file ops were implemented was to serve as a basement for other threads ops. When multiple threads are running at the same time, OS is scheduling them on different cores. Geometry and Texture loading (both done by the same thread) are scheduled on different cores outside the main rendering loop at the same time with the main rendering loop.

Edited by iHACC