Heru

No Serverhopping? Give us more places with best loot!

So, I read everywhere that everyone is excited about the new features, that will prevent serverhopping.

I don't like the idea of people alt+f4-ing out of the game, but I don't see the problem in server hopping to get better loot.

Let me explain that:

Imagine, you have everything you wanted, a ghillie suit, NVG, rangefinder and gps, but you lack a good sniper rifle.

In order to get a good sniper rifle (AS50 or M107) you need to look at the barracks or you are lucky and find a heli crash site, which are rare, and IN ADDITION, are often looted. Especially on servers, that don't restart every few hours.

So, to get that desired weapon, you need to rely on the barracks or on perfect timing when a server restarts.

This is where I see the problem. To get that final piece of gear, there are two known points on the map and x unknown places on the map.

So you go on a server, check that two points out, they're empty, than what ?

Travel over the entire map and hope to find a heli crash site that no one else on that server has found yet ?

Or go to another server, check that two known locations, nothing there, go to another server, check the barracks, you see where this is going?

I would rather see that there are more known locations, that spawn the best (military) loot.

I'd love to see the best of loot spawn on NO airfield too. It's a long journey from NW to NO airfield. I'd be fine with that. Or put it someplace else.

OR make stuff respawn more. The last time I played on a server, my friend found a new weapon in the barracks, that he wanted to put in his backpack.

His backpack was full, so he decided to put stuff he didn't need on the floor where he picked up the new weapon. Since there wasn't more usefull loot, we decided to go back to berezino for some medical supplies and to meet with some other friends. Later that evening, all my friends went off, so I decided to go back to the NW airfield and check out the barracks. Maybe there was some new loot...

As I entered the barracks in search for loot, I found the exact same things on the exact same place where my friend left them hours ago!

In addition, all the other loot spots contained the exact same items as the first time we entered...

So please, to prevent serverhopping, don't punish the players that do it, make the game so that we don't need to.

I don't wanna serverhop, I wan't to stay on that server, that I like. But if one cant find what one's looking for, what else should one do?

Hope one can understand what I wrote.

Sorry for bad english.

mfg

PS: I think I didn't make myself clear on one point:

I don't do serverhopping, I usually play with my friends on one server all the time.

I'm just sayin' that I can understand people, who do this.

Maybe I should work on my english before posting here again ...

PS2: I think I need to clarify another thing:

This isn't about the AS50 or the M107. These are just examples! It's about all the best military loot.

So don't get to fixated on these items.

Edited by Heru
  • Like 4

This entirely defeats the purpose of the game.If you want an easier time finding gear go play dead island. You are the player who ruins the mod for other people. Please go find a hole, and die in it.

• Like 13

I think there are too many places to get best loot.

Why there are like 4-5 crashed helis after reset?

I think 1 heli crash per reset would be enough and would be good to avoid everyone running with thermal L85 or .50 Cal sniper.

Also deerstand loots might be toned down a bit and also more shotguns and less AR could spawn down in Cherno/Electro.

But if I cant find what I'm looking for, what else should I do?

Kill someone else for it or earn it the majority of people do.

Or tell me which servers you hop on and I'll gladly come and kill you so you stop doing it.

This isn't meant to be the sort of game where you get everything you want instantly or in a short time frame, it's about more then just having the BEST gear. Learn to play the game as it's intended and don't be a gear-rush-bandit-nub.

Edited by Baltimore
  • Like 1

Agreed on "More places to find loot."

Please leave the game forever. You must be a terribad player if you agree with this.

1) Server-hopping

2) Item duping

Without those two, obtaining good items would be much harder. You can be almost certain that every AS50 sniper you find in Elektro has his sniper rifle duped, otherwise he'd be quite scared to lose it.

I've been playing for quite some time now and the only sniper rifle I've found is the cz 550...only twice actually. Both times it was lost due to sync issues. I've looted NWAF, deerstands, and a few heli crashes and still haven't had any luck. I also haven't came across a player with anything better without them DC'ing upon getting shot.

Stop being lazy and trying to justify exploiting.

Prefend? Lol.

Kill someone else for it or earn it the majority of people do.

Or tell me which servers you hop on and I'll gladly come and kill you so you stop doing it.

This isn't meant to be the sort of game where you get everything you want instantly or in a short time frame, it's about more then just having the BEST gear. Learn to play the game as it's intended and don't be a gear-rush-bandit-nub.

So, I invested about 130h in this game, I died about 2-3 times after figuring out the basics. I don't want to get everything instantly or in a short time frame. I looted the barracks about 20-30 times (who really counts?) and never found anything better than an M4 SD. Don't get me wrong, I love my M4 SD, it's a great weapon, but it's not what I wanted. I don't have a problem with investing a lot of time to get the stuff I need.

I enjoy playing with my friends, raiding cities, exploring, just surviving. I know, that the game is not entirely about getting the best loot, but I think it's not an unimportant point to a lot of people.

And to all the people that wish me to die: Are you reading what you're writing? Do you realise, what you're saying? Are you still sane in your mind?

• Like 1

The idea of other areas with higher end military spawns is welcomed but for people who aren't just running around in the north all the time. I think there should be some rare chance of having military spawns in houses which then within those chances have chances to spawn high end - low end military grade weapons not just some set tier.

• Like 1

Only one thing for it. Rocket needs to get that real-money auction house up and running.

For my part, I'd like to see the .50cal rifles removed entirely. The CZ550 and M24 are entirely adequate for sniping, and the SVD offers a nice shiny option for the very successful. The big anti-materiel rifles are a little absurd in the context of a zombie apocalypse. The ability to respawn ammo by logging in and out makes them effectively bottomless for the players who use them for server-hopping PvP/griefing, and the power and range they offer has little purpose beyond ambush PvP, which is only very rarely used in the context of legitimate cooperative play. If you want to shoot people for fun, you should have to use an M24 or SVD, not the crazy hand-of-God rifles that are now dominant.

• Like 1

Because in real life you can jump through different dimensions in order to get what you need.

• Like 7

Again: I don't wanna get what I want instantly or free of time investment! I want to invest time in this game! I want to play with friends and raid cities!

I want to survive in the wilderness and hunt animals for food. But: After I played a lot of hours, I'm just a little disappointed that I never found NVGs, or a Rangefinder or something like that,

while it seems that other players have shitloads of these things...

• Like 1

The idea of other areas with higher end military spawns is welcomed but for people who aren't just running around in the north all the time. I think there should be some rare chance of having military spawns in houses which then within those chances have chances to spawn high end - low end military grade weapons not just some set tier.

So I don't even have to leave the coast to have top tier gear? Hell yeah!

Don't get attached to your gear, and for the 130h of "time invested" in that game. LOL

this game is meant to kill you, either by zombie, players or bug. Just risk a little more instead of server hopping to get your so-wanted sniper!

Let me explain that:

Imagine, you have everything you wanted, a ghillie suit, NVG, rangefinder and gps, but you lack a good sniper rifle.

In order to get a good sniper rifle (AS50 or M107) you need to look at the barracks or you are lucky and find a heli crash site, which are rare, and IN ADDITION, are often looted.

You sir are lost.. The number of duped items and regular gear that has been spammed within our servers is ridiculous as it is.. The fact of finding decent gear is extremely easy. Deerstands for explain have a chance spawn DMR and if you have NVG your OP as fuck.. Found 5 myself in deerstands not counting barracks. The fact you can MANLY earn your gear from killing other players if you have the skill or balls to attempt it. So I strongly disagree with your opinion!! Glad to see server hopping and alt+F4 escape death era coming to an END!

Thank you, ROCKET! ;)

• Like 1

Don't get attached to your gear, and for the 130h of "time invested" in that game. LOL

this game is meant to kill you, either by zombie, players or bug. Just risk a little more instead of server hopping to get your so-wanted sniper!

Yeah, it is meant to kill me. And I have been killed by zombies and bugs and players. And I don't have a problem with that.

But when I see that other players already found ridiculous amounts of all that stuff, and braging about it, I wonder why I never find these things.

But I see where this is going. You cannot have a normal discussion on an internet forum.

If your opinion isn't the opinion of everyone else, you're basically a moron, deserve to die and should immediately leave the internet ...

So for the sake of it: You're all right, I'm an idiot and this topic can be closed ...

• Like 1

You sir are lost.. The number of duped items and regular gear that has been spammed within our servers is ridiculous as it is.. The fact of finding decent gear is extremely easy. Deerstands for explain have a chance spawn DMR and if you have NVG your OP as fuck.. Found 5 myself in deerstands not counting barracks. The fact you can MANLY earn your gear from killing other players if you have the skill or balls to attempt it. So I strongly disagree with your opinion!! Glad to see server hopping and alt+F4 escape death era coming to an END!

Thank you, ROCKET! ;)

I'm waiting the end of this era, people like Heru ruin the game.

And like another guy said.

Because in real life you can jump through different dimensions in order to get what you need.

Again: I don't wanna get what I want instantly or free of time investment! I want to invest time in this game! I want to play with friends and raid cities!

I want to survive in the wilderness and hunt animals for food. But: After I played a lot of hours, I'm just a little disappointed that I never found NVGs, or a Rangefinder or something like that,

while it seems that other players have shitloads of these things...

So essentially, yes, you are saying you want to get the best gear fast so you can play and that is why you are dissapointed.

Learn to play differently then. You are clearly doing it wrong if you can't enjoy 6 days surviving with a hatchet hunting for beans and avoiding people.

Or working with a group who does NOT have (best according to you) equipment and having to help support each other with the equipment that you have found. This is a survival simulation game, realistically the "good" loot would be VERY hard to find and very few and far between.

You seem to be saying you want the game to be easier for you so you can get to the point where you are willing to put time in. Well, put the time in TO GET the gear and survive in the meantime.

You're naive if you think this will end ALT+F4 and server hopping. It won't.

So essentially, yes, you are saying you want to get the best gear fast so you can play and that is why you are dissapointed.

Learn to play differently then. You are clearly doing it wrong if you can't enjoy 6 days surviving with a hatchet hunting for beans and avoiding people.

Or working with a group who does NOT have (best according to you) equipment and having to help support each other with the equipment that you have found. This is a survival simulation game, realistically the "good" loot would be VERY hard to find and very few and far between.

You seem to be saying you want the game to be easier for you so you can get to the point where you are willing to put time in. Well, put the time in TO GET the gear and survive in the meantime.

Well, I put time in the game, every free minute I can spare, and I survive the meantime. And we do work in a group and we don't have best gear and stuff.

It seems as people don't understand my point:

It would be nice, if you'd have to travel more to check different places with the best loot. That would, of course, include more points with good loot, but it would also lower serverhopping in a more "natural" way than just with this "technical" fixes. And the loot percentage can stay the same or be lowered, I don't care.

Basically: More loot points that are far away from each other so you have to travel there.