Sign in to follow this  
Tobu

The weirdest thing...

I spawned near otmel and started running towards Kamyshovo. I ran through the town, aggroing a bunch of zombies and kept running northwest along the road, because I had seen another player running in the same direction. Soon I began to see something that looked like a fire, except that it covered my entire screen. I thought that it was just a bug because I was running with the sun shining in my face. As I ran, I noticed that there was smoke in the sky and the fire was burning everywhere infront of me, even in the air. Then I noticed a tree that had fallen on the road, and only a moment after that I hear one shot whizzing by. The next hit me in the leg but only broke a bone that wasn't necessary for running. I dropped down to 6000 blood and started bleeding, but kept running because there was a zombie after me. As I got closer I saw a wreck of a helicopter next to the tree. Everything continued to burn. As I approached the wreck, i saw that it wasn't a heli crash site (I think anyway) and when I went close to it a message appeared "Save UH-1H".

Pics:

post-58488-0-24707300-1343237952_thumb.j

post-58488-0-02504200-1343237972_thumb.j

post-58488-0-91146100-1343237984_thumb.j

I had lost loads of blood so there are no colors, unfortunately.

What is that thing? I thought that there were no flyable helicopters in this version of dayz.

bumping for interest.

You could but they were removed some time ago.

Well there is a way to "hack" the huey back in.

What you see here is a script kiddie who crashed his heli.

23952645.jpg

I lol'ed :D

They were .. ? Why ?

They were causing lag issues, if I remember correctly

It's interesting though...might be hackers?

Guess so, helicopters dont spawn currently so it had to be hacked.

Guess so, helicopters dont spawn currently so it had to be hacked.

I saw people flying a huey the first week I played which was like 3 months ago...I assumed you could repair and fly them no?

They removed them because they where buggy and causing lag for some people, However some people "hack" them in and can use them.

I'm 90% sure they ARE bringing them back though, once the bugs are fixed.