suspense

Ultimate guide/information thread to increase performance

Yes, you'll still get poor fps in citys. There's no way around it. The only possible way would be if you had an INSANE amount of RAM, made a RAMDisk big enough to fit the whole arma 2 / arma 2 OA on it, and ran it off of that. If you read anything in this thread you would know why that would help

Would 16 GB spare RAM be enough for that? That stuff isn't to expensive these days. How much would that improve?

Would 16 GB spare RAM be enough for that? That stuff isn't to expensive these days. How much would that improve?

You'd need a bit more than that. 32 probably would be enough, as you still need RAM for your system and it's good practice to leave 25% free unless you want huge slowdowns. However good luck actually getting this to work, as saving the disk image would take forever

I have now 8 Gigs. An additional 16 GB (identical to what already is in my box) would cost €87,-. Arma2-Folder has 16,7 GB size. 17 GB RAMdisk would be enough. Still 7 GB for the system, which is plenty. My SSD has write speed of 500 MB/s, so that would be around 34 seconds.

I'm tempted to do it just for the kicks but cost probably outweighs the benefit. But still want to know how much performance gain could be expected? Any idea? A good guess maybe?

I have now 8 Gigs. An additional 16 GB (identical to what already is in my box) would cost €87,-. Arma2-Folder has 16,7 GB size. 17 GB RAMdisk would be enough. Still 7 GB for the system, which is plenty. My SSD has write speed of 500 MB/s, so that would be around 34 seconds.

I'm tempted to do it just for the kicks but cost probably outweighs the benefit. But still want to know how much performance gain could be expected? Any idea? A good guess maybe?

The ramdisk wont give you much performance when object cleanup still isnt working.

• Like 1

someone please explain why it appears that my arma2 files are being moved to the inside of the hard drive :( i followed your instructions and it also seems to be taking a very long time :/

I bet the ops game looks like shit now... pfff...

Also every fps number he said, he said without telling us the resolution... this means useless.