armyof12monkeyss

Question about hackers and hacking.

So I bought Arma II just for DayZ but I've never played it. That means I have no clue what normal Arma II servers are like.

That said, last night I was in US123. It was a nice server and all but some fishy stuff has been happen. Last night was the worse. A friend and I watched a guy fly a chopper and as it was getting closer it lost control and crashed. We ran to the chopper to find the guy piloting the choppers passed out next to it. I gave him some pain pills and we talked for a second. He role played at first but when question on how/why he crashed he said he hit the wrong key on his keyboard, lost control, and crashed on his way to pick up is friend. The guy had a BIG black sniper rifle that I haven't seen before, It was huge. As we parted ways I shouted to him "please don't shut us" to which he said, "dont worry, I wont." He was good on his word and didnt kill us. We watch him disappear over a hill to go find his friend.

We started moving towards Cherno again. It was about 5 mins after the first crash another chopper comes fly over. I assumed It was the same guy and now suspected him of hacking. This time the chopper flew past us in the same direction as before but this time without crashing.

About 30 maybe 40 minutes later I'm walking somewhere neat Cherno, I dont even remember, when all of a sudden every player in the server was transported to what look Bolata Airfield inside the hangers. I realized what happened instantly and started running. It was a blood bath. Everyone started shooting each other and basically everyone was killed. It sucked but was kinda funny.

HERE IS THE QUESTION.

Once the game is officially released with there be hacking problems like this. Do Arma II servers have problems like this? Is this going to be a problem in the future?

(this isn't a hate thread or a complaint. Haters need not reply)

• Like 1

Q: Once the game is officially released with there be hacking problems like this. Do Arma II servers have problems like this? Is this going to be a problem in the future?

A: Well yes and no.

Ive been here since Operation Flashpoint. I also have 3k hours in Arma2. So as to hackers normaly you would see one a week at best in normal Arma2 servers. But on Dayz I see at least 2-5 a night. So to sum it up once they finish beta there will be alot less hackers. It's all due to battleye not being able to keep up with updates. It is alot to ask I mean almost 1 server side update a day leaves ALOT of holes. Dont forget Admins have no control over servers at the moment so that is also a big part of the problem. "They will have control once stand alone hits shelfs."

Oh and they are not hackers they are "script kiddys" as we call em. Doesnt take any hacking skill to run a script ie. mod I mean you got Dayz to work well, script hacking is easyer "<--not a word I know". Just wait out for the Stand alone or deal with it.

I understand where your coming from if I had bought AO just for Dayz and then didn't know what normal Arma was like. I would have quit Dayz long ago due to hackers and all the BS. There is a light at the end of this tunnel. I promise. Just repeat this in your head and mabey it will help.

"Its a beta and its in Alpha we are lucky to play at all"

P.S. You get my beans for not starting another HACKERS RUINED DAYZ thread.

Edited by RyBo
  • Like 1

Software security exploits will be around forever. Every piece of software currently has to, and will continue to, worry to some degree about hacking. This will ALWAYS be a factor. From Super Mario Bros. to the computerized machines we have filtering our drinking water. It will always exist.

Hahaha thanks for the beans man.

I'm totally aware of the whole alpha thing that's why I was asking if Arma II had the same problem. I figured that the Arma II servers would be a good indicator of how DayZ servers would be after the release.