RapturJesus

Farming high loot areas by server hopping

Is this way of finding loot looked down upon?

If you don't know what I mean...

Player A finds a high value loot area. Loots the area on Server A then goes to Server B and loots it again.

I was wondering as most people I have friendly encounters with and have good gear tell me that they farmed heli crash sites, barracks, and other high value sites.

The loot will only be in those areas if other people were near it recently so, yeah i think its fair game.

That is called server hopping.

Generally people frown upon it. Its almost the same as ghosting, but you are not killing someone for it. There are even people that attempt to barricade high value loot sources by blocking people out, Usually with barbwire. So they they can preserve the loot spawn if/when they hop back into that server. I'm sure you can see the annoyance.

No. It is unfair.

I don't think you can farm helicopter crash sites because they spawn in random locations on every server - or so I have read.

Farming items in such a way at buildings is an exploit and isn't true to the game. I feel bad that people use this technique as it makes the entire point of this game void. One must explore and survive, and not try and get quick loot (whether it be high end military or simple rations).

People like to say, "These people ruin this game" for varying things, however this for me is what 'ruins' this game.

Since I last played (just now) it was a zombie apocolypse. ^^

Server hopping might be a thing of the past pretty soon. If they get the code right you might either die form this, or have a long knockout timer giving people a chance to kill you right there on the floor of the barracks.

In my server myself and couple of other members like to camp the normal high loot areas for server hoppers and then snipe them when they spawn in, you'd be surprised of some of the great gear we got off of their bodies, they are easy to spot as they like to spawn in or near the Barracks at the NWA, or the fire tower.

• Like 1

In my server myself and couple of other members like to camp the normal high loot areas for server hoppers and then snipe them when they spawn in, you'd be surprised of some of the great gear we got off of their bodies, they are easy to spot as they like to spawn in or near the Barracks at the NWA, or the fire tower.

This is exactly why server hopping should always be a part of the game. It goes both ways.

Yes, it´s frowned upon. IMO it´s a bigger issue for DayZ then people disconnecting in combat since it screws up the game the same way as the hacked in weapons due to an abnormal amount of high value/low chance of spawn equipment.

Yes, it´s frowned upon. IMO it´s a bigger issue for DayZ then people disconnecting in combat since it screws up the game the same way as the hacked in weapons due to an abnormal amount of high value/low chance of spawn equipment.

No offence, but i think you should learn the meaning of random.

This is exactly why server hopping should always be a part of the game. It goes both ways.

It is NOT part of the game. It is just an exploit, same as Alt F4 to prevent death.

Server hopping the barracks for 2 hours until you get the gear you want... that is not what DayZ is meant to be.

Without Alt F4, without server hopping and without duping DayZ would be so much better.

No offence, but i think you should learn the meaning of random.

None taken since my point was that you get a shitload of more 0.19% chances/hour to find a DMR if you serverhop a deerstand compared to if you run around visiting all the different deerstands on one server.

None taken since my point was that you get a shitload of more 0.19% chances/hour to find a DMR if you serverhop a deerstand compared to if you run around visiting all the different deerstands on one server.

Loot spawns every 10 minutes either way. Just find two deer stands to run back and forth between and you're good. Might be a nooby way to play but it's almost as effective as server hopping and waiting for the server to populate the area with zeds/loot.