Sign in to follow this  
Tetrisash

How exactly does night and day work?

No clue if it's intentional or a bug, so I'm sorry if this is in the wrong board. I was on NY1 last night, it was getting a bit dark but still good enough to see. As my friends and I played it kept getting darker and darker and eventually I asked my friends if they wanted to find a daylight server, but they said it was still perfectly light outside. :s What is up with that?

No clue if it's intentional or a bug' date=' so I'm sorry if this is in the wrong board. I was on NY1 last night, it was getting a bit dark but still good enough to see. As my friends and I played it kept getting darker and darker and eventually I asked my friends if they wanted to find a daylight server, but they said it was still perfectly light outside. :s What is up with that?

[/quote']

There is a bug where time sometimes gets desynced betwen players. In my experience it is often not more then 20 min

I'm pretty sure with a little looking you'd find that somewhere they is probably explained. But Day and Night are based off the In-Game Time. And that is determined by what the Server time is set to.

As for it getting darker. That has to do with either the phase of the moon, and clouds. So a full moon with no clouds will result in more light at night. Vice versa.

EDIT:: As Saz said. There is that possibility that it was a Desync. Did they say it was Daylight outside for them. Or was it you were Night in game and they were day in game?

No clue if it's intentional or a bug' date=' so I'm sorry if this is in the wrong board. I was on NY1 last night, it was getting a bit dark but still good enough to see. As my friends and I played it kept getting darker and darker and eventually I asked my friends if they wanted to find a daylight server, but they said it was still perfectly light outside. :s What is up with that?

[/quote']

There is a bug where time sometimes gets desynced betwen players. In my experience it is often not more then 20 min

Alright, so I did indeed plop this in the wrong section, I apologize. Thank you for explaining, though!