Sign in to follow this  
komoter226@yahoo.co.uk

The whole Chernarus

arma_2_island_locations.jpg

According to ArmA 2 Wiki, the map that we are playing in is only a part of the whole Chernarus.

Can you guys imagine what if the rest of Chernarus were to be made and implemented into DayZ?!

Also, according to my measurements, the whole Chernarus is 14,000 km2! (140km x 100km)

Which means that it would take approx 4 hours and 30 mins to get from the East to the West!

Now THAT would be a lot of travelling ;)

Edited by Ice Cold Killa

Notice that we're not even playing anywhere remotely near the capital of Chernarus (Novigrad). Imagine how large Novigrad must be, if Chernogorsk is a minor city and Elektrozkadovsk isn't even shown. Now that would be one hell of a looting place.

• Like 1

Some servers have trouble with this map and 50 people how will they look like with whole chernarus and dont know about 500 people on? Aswell the question would be who is gonna create that map and take care that it is playable. A bigger map is something we can surely hope for the future but right now with DayZ beeing a mod and not a standalone game i'm fine with the small part of Chernarus.

I'm Quite sure the rest of the map doesn't exist in game, As in it hasn't been created...It's more there for the single player story and to add immersion to that whole campaign.

Correct me if I'm wrong as i don't really play the single player of ArmA 2.

Edited by Th3PinkNinj4

Well obviously its not there. The suggestion was to add it, not "let us go there". We get to play in a province in Chernarus. What he said was to add the rest of the country, which can be done but would require lots of time and resources to create. ARMA2 modders have made other islands before (like Isla Duala) that are very high quality but not as large as what the rest of Chernarus would be.

I do recall rocket saying he wanted to expand the scale of DayZ from the current 225km(?) of Chernarus to something like 400km if I'm not wrong. The bigger the better.

He can just convert the mod for ARMA3 and use the 900km2 Limnos Island. Better movement controls for players, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more enter able buildings (I think a dev said over 90% are enter able and destructible), better lighting, better physics, better AI...I could go on and on.

I really hope this mod goes to ARMA3, maybe he can work with BIS to get it as a DLC that would cost $10 so he can make some money.