bond1971@tpg.com.au

Bug or Hack, not sure. please dont ban us.

Hi All,

Something very weird just happened to my Nephew and me on the AU1 server about 12:45 am. We had just raided the NE airfield and I scored myself a nice gun, M4 somethingorother CCO and lots of ammo. We had just left there and headed SW to the town and entered a barn when my nephew (this is his 2nd night playing dayz) exclaims that he has a saw m249 gun (something like that) and I said 'how' ???, he said it was on the ground. It took a bit to understand what he was saying and more to the point where he had got it from. Then he says 'i have a ghillie suit as well'. Ok, by now I know this is not normal and I start saying 'did you let any friends look at your game' or anything, I was trying to find out if he had been hacked, he stated categorically no noone had looked at his machine.

It was only then that I checked my inventory, I too had a ghillie suit, a Saw and a GOLD revolver ???, I have never seen a gold revolver and I never picked up any of these ???, it turns out he had the same loot.

The other strange part is that my gun still looked like the M4, but when I looked in gear it said saw ??, also my backpack appeared to have dissappeared. I tried immediately exiting out and back in to see if this fixed it but alas it did not ??, I have not equiped anything or dropped or changed anything in the hope that it will go away. I have now logged off.

I would like to strongly say that I have no idea how this happened, why it happened to us both at the same time (it could have affected everyone I guess, I have no way of knowing as I cannot chat). I did try asking if an admin was on using the group channel but I got no response.

I do not wish to be banned or for him to be banned over this. There must be a rational explanation, I hope all is fixed when I log in tomorrow afternoon.

You are not banned for "using" hacked items by neither battleye nor Day Z, rocket has stated this times and times over in interviews and posts, and Battleyes own page says you dont get banned for it. Its simply impossible for new players to know what is hacked and what isnt.

Yep im sure the scripts or logs or whatever they use will support my claim of innocence but I guess the other thing is I do not want a saw or machine gun thingy. I was happy with my scoped m4 gun. I just hope its all a bad dream and when I log in tomorrow all will be fixed :)

You aren't the only one. I logged half hour ago because of the EXACT same issue. m14 is in my hands, but shows m249 in primary.

Golden revolver in secondary with normal revolver in hands. No back pack.

Happened after a server restart. I'm yet to try another server. I'll get on again when I can be bothered finding a day time server that isn't full.

EDIT: I see your in Brisbane, was it the AU1 server?

Edited by Wargunner

Yes !!!!, the AU1 server it was. It had been hacked about 3 hours earlier, insta kill everyone on the server but was fine up until the gun swaps or whatever happened?. There was no indication that my weaps had changed, I could even still fire my primary as normal its just when you went into your gear screen there was different loot there. Ive never seen a gold pistol, it looked cool :)

When my nephew dropped the stuff on the ground, it seemed to keep spawning on him, I told him to keep dropping it but after the 3rd ghillie dropped I knew it had to be bad so we both logged off and called it a night. Glad someone else from AU1 is experiencing this as well.

Hackerfags are annoying.

Edited by Dokrane

Yes !!!!, the AU1 server it was. It had been hacked about 3 hours earlier, insta kill everyone on the server but was fine up until the gun swaps or whatever happened?. There was no indication that my weaps had changed, I could even still fire my primary as normal its just when you went into your gear screen there was different loot there. Ive never seen a gold pistol, it looked cool :)

When my nephew dropped the stuff on the ground, it seemed to keep spawning on him, I told him to keep dropping it but after the 3rd ghillie dropped I knew it had to be bad so we both logged off and called it a night. Glad someone else from AU1 is experiencing this as well.

Haha, what are the odds eh? I might go on a different server and see if the problem has carried over..I really hope not.

I'll be back...

EDIT: Ok so, the problem follows you to different servers. However if you drop the weapons your original weapons appear and your bag with everything in it comes back.

However, If you log in then out again the m249 and gold revolver comes back. You can drop them again and you get your stuff back. It essentially dupes those items.

Since I can get around the issue I might start playing again. Bit of an annoyance, but nothing huge.

Edited by Wargunner

Hmm Im still a bit concerned, I just logged in before to see if I was still bugged and yes, I am. If I drop the gear and it redupes back into my inventory then this surely will flag something somewhere, I really do not want to get into trouble over this. Wargunner, are you still bugged ?

hey man sorry to hear bout that - i think the only solution is to eather respawn, or just play with the things u got now until u die.

Same thing happened to my friend and I. We were on Au1 and were heading to the tents in Stary. He entered the supermarket and killed a player and told me that she was carrying a Golden revolver and SAW, then realised that they had now spawned on him. Thinking it was a buggy hacker code he tried to drop it but said it was duped. As soon as I entered the supermarket I also got the same gear, but I was able to drop it all as soon as I left.

Really good to know that others experienced this too.