Sign in to follow this  
specterm

Vehicles... Rediculous

I'm the server owner and we have the Ural, a Hatchback, 2 bikes and 1 motorbike.

In an effort to try to find more vehicles a group of 5 of us just spent 4.5 hours on foot running through all the vehicle spawn points located on the http://dayzdb.com/map

We were not able to hit all of the vehicle spawns obviously, but we did hit about 10 of them. We came up with ZERO vehicles.

Cmon... this is rediculous. This is not new. This is an every day occurance.

I am 90percent confident that some of the vehicles may be bugged, spawned outside of the map, or forgotten in the lost wilderness somewhere.

I heard stories of server companies re-setting the vehicle spawns. But our company said they can not do that.

What can I do?

Wait you're complaining that people hoard vehicles at the very same time that your group is attempting to hoard vehicles? Brilliant flow of logic there.

• Like 5

Are you setting up a dealership?

We own 2 servers. Found a Pickup on one and stole a tractor on another (not really stole as parking a red tractor in the middle of green evergreen is not exactly hiding it).

Don't really use either....

Isn't it possible that other players have them hidden at their camps? I've always heard that each server only spawns a certain number of each vehicle type so if everyone finds them and tucks them away somewhere then that means no more vehicles at their original spawn points. I'm not saying this is a sure thing, just a thought. I know the group I play with never seems to find a vehicle at an actual spawn point, its always way out in the wilderness with lots of loot stored in it.

Wait you're complaining that people hoard vehicles at the very same time that your group is attempting to hoard vehicles? Brilliant flow of logic there.

Haha, this.

What server you on? So i can steal yourcars and hand them over to beach-noobs.

I think its more to learn the system than anything. Vehicles explode and when the server restarts they appear exactly where they blew up. Not to mention if your driving a vehicle and the server starts randomly the vehicle will respawn where it was last stopped.

And people can criticize vehicle hoarding all you want. But the lack of vehicles is why they get hoarded. If there was some sort of transportation around every corner they wouldnt get hoarded.

But then the devs would have to fix how easy it is to duplicate weapons on vehicle resave.

Edited by specterm

So I have to ask.... You have this small fleet of vehicles.... But you ran around the map looking for more vehicles?

So what, you needed more vehicles to not use?

Are you setting up a dealership?

We own 2 servers. Found a Pickup on one and stole a tractor on another (not really stole as parking a red tractor in the middle of green evergreen is not exactly hiding it).

Don't really use either....

I actually have too many vehicles and a dealership sounds like a great way to get rid of them lol

I'm the server owner and we have the Ural, a Hatchback, 2 bikes and 1 motorbike.

In an effort to try to find more vehicles a group of 5 of us just spent 4.5 hours on foot running through all the vehicle spawn points located on the http://dayzdb.com/map

We were not able to hit all of the vehicle spawns obviously, but we did hit about 10 of them. We came up with ZERO vehicles.

Cmon... this is rediculous. This is not new. This is an every day occurance.

I am 90percent confident that some of the vehicles may be bugged, spawned outside of the map, or forgotten in the lost wilderness somewhere.

I heard stories of server companies re-setting the vehicle spawns. But our company said they can not do that.

What can I do?

Wait a day or 2 for them to spawn. Just because you put a server up doesn't mean EVERY vehicle spawn will have a vehicle there. You may have to wait longer. Some players will server hop vehice spawn locations to get one. That could've happened too. Other than wait, there is nothing you can do but get lucky.

So I have to ask.... You have this small fleet of vehicles.... But you ran around the map looking for more vehicles?

So what, you needed more vehicles to not use?

Again.. Its more to learn the system more than anything. When do vehicles spawn back to their original spawns? Whats the point of having the map that indicates vehicle spawns when they never spawn there?

Think about it. Lets say when the hive is reset or the server is brand new the vehicle spawns at one of the designated areas. When do they spawn back?

1. We know that when a player dies that saved the vehicle last it has NO effect on the vehicle.

2. We know when the vehicle blows up it has NO effect on the vehicle spawn, as it will spawn right back in the same spot when the server restarts.

3. We know that the vehilce position will save in the last place the vehicle is stopped.

4.... So when does the vehicle make it back to the original spawn?

Wait a day or 2 for them to spawn. Just because you put a server up doesn't mean EVERY vehicle spawn will have a vehicle there. You may have to wait longer. Some players will server hop vehice spawn locations to get one. That could've happened too. Other than wait, there is nothing you can do but get lucky.

we didnt update our server for 48hours thinking that would effect vehicle spawns too, because no one would be using them for 2 days.But that had no effect either so whats the deal?

Edited by specterm

we didnt update our server for 48hours thinking that would effect vehicle spawns too, because no one would be using them for 2 days.But that had no effect either so whats the deal?

I dunno man, I found 5 vehicles in the last week on my home server. I shot up a tractor, my friend wrecked a hatchback, another friend blew up another tractor, we have a military jeep, and a military truck. Also found an ATV, but theyre crap.

Keep lookng dude.

Just kind of curious. If someone rents a server and they own it for a month collecting everything in the game. Then they stop renting it. The server company will keep it going right? They wont reset it? Cause it will still show in their favorites..... That would blow.

Just kind of curious. If someone rents a server and they own it for a month collecting everything in the game. Then they stop renting it. The server company will keep it going right? They wont reset it? Cause it will still show in their favorites..... That would blow.

No, they stop paying, it goes down.

If you REALLY want to you can contact dayz support. I had a hacker teleport all players and vehicles to debug land and nuked it all. Vehicles didn't respawn so I contacted dayz support, they asked for server instance id and within a day I had all tents and vehicles reset.

I'm sure if you ask nicely they will do it for your reasoning or you can always steal my excuse

Simple task for the end of the hoarding and vehicle spawns. Make a fleet of bus and start picking up survivors at the beaches :)

1 hour alive and no kiils, even no zombies kills, they will find a cure i know, don t kill them.

Edited by DeadManWalking