Sign in to follow this  
basterdactual

Today I Alt-f4'ed (AUS#3, NW of Pustoshka)

Today I alt-f4'ed.

An hour and a bit into my dozenth, dozenth spawn and I'd just run the West deer stands for loot.

I hit my last deer stand and decided to head west into the deep bush to look for a tent (With a little luck) and log.

Then I was ambushed and in a stunning moment of weakness I slammed frantically on my Alt-f4 key and hit the desktop.

It was my first Alt-f4. Like many, I'd been on the receiving end of Alt-f4'ers and have learnt to live with it. Its a fact of life. it happens. We move on...

But as I sat there looking at the server browser, all I could feel was shame. I had become something I hated.

So I went back.

I logged back into the server, knowing full well I was going to die. I'd have liked to apologise over Direct to you, but I was passed out.

I don't know who you were. I don't know if you are a scripter. I don't know if you're just like me. I'd like to think you're just like me. I know you were both wearing Ghillie suits and had Makarovs and happened to be in the same area, on the same server as I was.

I apologise for Alt-f4ing. I hope the medical supplies and the M14 aim do you better then they did me.

For future ambushes, I suggest not giving me the time to react. A larger calibre weapon would do the trick. Headshots work better as well.

Best of luck on your future endeavours.

Your hapless victim,

Robert Muldoon.

PS:

Edited by DrRobertMuldoon

I am curious.

One day when I was going to log out, anyway, I tried quitting the game with alt-f4. It didn't work. Are people changing key mappings or something to make this work?