Sign in to follow this  
Shanan (DayZ)

Please help me with my FPS trouble.

Sup All, I have been experiencing low FPS in Dayz. It doesn't matter what settings i have, whether its all low, or all very high, I still get 20 FPS.

I have tried everything to stop it including RAMdisk, running it as -winxp off steam, running it in windowed and playing around with the settings.

Computer Specs are:

CPU: AMD athlon™ II X2 240 proccesor 2.81GHz

GFX: Nividia GeForce GTX275

Ram: 4Gb

Hard Drive: 300GB

Please help me. Thanks

I don't think you're going to do much better than that with that particular GFX card and processor.

When ArmA 2 was first released I was running it on an 8800 GT relatively well so it is possible. Although you are let down by your processor, which is an important part of being able to play DayZ.

Try lowering 3D/Interface resolution, turn off AA and PP effects and in your config in your config turn off AOTC, also put shaders to very high (somehow this boosts performance) and make sure video memory is on default.

When ArmA 2 was first released I was running it on an 8800 GT relatively well so it is possible. Although you are let down by your processor, which is an important part of being able to play DayZ.

Try lowering 3D/Interface resolution, turn off AA and PP effects and in your config in your config turn off AOTC, also put shaders to very high (somehow this boosts performance) and make sure video memory is on default.

Okay thanks, i have done all that, accept the config thing, and also i've had shadows disabled?

you may want to upgrade that dualcore to quad thats all I can say. you dont have the best gpu but im sure its enough for armaII needs and your cpu is holding performance back. look for your mobo model number and see if its compatible with a better quadcore amd cpu. amd quads are cheap.

you may want to upgrade that dualcore to quad thats all I can say. you dont have the best gpu but im sure its enough for armaII needs and your cpu is holding performance back. look for your mobo model number and see if its compatible with a better quadcore amd cpu. amd quads are cheap.

where do i find my mobo?

im getting 11 - 15 FPS

CPU: intel core 2 quad Q8200 2.33

GPU: GTX 275

RAM : 4GB

motherboard: ga-ep31-ds3L

HDD: x1 1TB and x1 2TB

Win : Vista 32bit

i have overclocked the gpu also

Defaults are : Core Clock - 633MHz

Shader Clock - 1404MHz

Memory Clock - 1134MHz

Overclocked : Core Clock - 729MHz

Shader Clock - 1672MHz

Memory Clock - 1317MHz

and not a real great deal in FPS gain mayber 1 - 3 fps extra

any help will be great :) i have looked at all the tips others have given but to no avail.

I didnt want to start another FPS lag help thread..

Edited by Noxide89

im getting 11 - 15 FPS

CPU: intel core 2 quad Q8200 2.33

GPU: GTX 275

RAM : 4GB

motherboard: ga-ep31-ds3L

HDD: x1 1TB and x1 2TB

Win : Vista 32bit

i have overclocked the gpu also

Defaults are : Core Clock - 633MHz

Shader Clock - 1404MHz

Memory Clock - 1134MHz

Overclocked : Core Clock - 729MHz

Shader Clock - 1672MHz

Memory Clock - 1317MHz

and not a real great deal in FPS gain mayber 1 - 3 fps extra

any help will be great :) i have looked at all the tips others have given but to no avail.

I didnt want to start another FPS lag help thread..

The problem isn't your GPU and there is no need to overclock it. The problem is your CPU.

I have a GTX275 as well, but I have an i7 920 oc'ed to 3.8Ghz as my CPU, and I am consistently between 45-115 FPS when playing.

• Like 1

The problem isn't your GPU and there is no need to overclock it. The problem is your CPU.

I have a GTX275 as well, but I have an i7 920 oc'ed to 3.8Ghz as my CPU, and I am consistently between 45-115 FPS when playing.

thanks for the tip :)

thing is i can get 40 - 60 fps in NZ servers and 9 - 12 on Aus servers :S the only thing wrong with NZ servers i get 210 - 250 ping, Aust - 30 - 40 ping

also im planning on a new comp

something similar to this

Computer Specs:

CPU: Intel i5 3570k

GPU: EVGA Geforce GTX 670 FTW

MOBO: Asus Sabertooth Z77

RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR3 16GB

CPU Cooler: Zalman CNPS9900 MAX

PSU: Corsair HX750

HDD: Western Digital 2TB Caviar Black

Case: NZXT Phantom

Edited by Noxide89

I posted this to another survivor in forums today. Its a perfect mainstream gaming build considering price/performance (also its MORE MORE powerful than the build that posted Shanan)

Intel Core i5-3550 3.3-3.7GHz Turbo Quad-Core 77W ~ $210

BIOSTAR TZ77B Z77 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ~ $100

Corsair 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1600MHz CAS 9 1.5v ~ $50

EVGA GeForce GTX 570 Dual fans ~ $270

Sandisk Extreme 2.5″ 120GB SATA III SSD ~ $125

Western Digital Caviar Blue1TB SATA III ~ $100

ASUS Xonar DG 5.1 Sound Card w/ Headphone amplifier ~ $25

Seasonic M12II 620W 80 PLUS Bronze Modular power supply ~ $90

case

Corsair Carbide Series 300R USB 3.0 x2 2 fans ~ $75 or

NZXT LEXA S LEXS 3 x 120mm 1 x 140mmcase: ~ $80

I put estimated $ prices, they may be different on your country, these are us prices mostly total is like 1050$. You can skip the SSD if you want to build this cheaper but SSD is a must for a gaming build.

Edited by hazedaze