Sign in to follow this  
oleg86@msn.com

1.62 = all glass now show as heat with thermal gun

it was the same with beta patches? i even saw large chunks of roads glow yellow often

• Like 1

and?

I am not asking to see through the glass, im asking why the heck it is giving away heat signature

could be a fix so you can't see through the glass

" Because the thermal IR cameras do not operate in the visible light spectrum, it detects heat, so if pointed at a window, it will give you an image of the surface temperature, which will just show an image of the window. If you are near the window you may see a reflection of yourself, this is not a light reflection, this would be the heat bouncing from you to the window,"

Edited by Starngere

could be a fix so you can't see through the glass

you couldn't before (unless it was broken)

now everything lights up like a Xmas tree

" Because the thermal IR cameras do not operate in the visible light spectrum, it detects heat, so if pointed at a window, it will give you an image of the surface temperature, which will just show an image of the window. If you are near the window you may see a reflection of yourself, this is not a light reflection, this would be the heat bouncing from you to the window,"

do you even understand what you quoted? read it few times

from that article:

When we get to the infrared wavelengths glass becomes a mirror or filter. It is designed to pass the visible wavelengths but reject the longer infrared wavelengths.

and?

I am not asking to see through the glass, im asking why the heck it is giving away heat signature

Didn't you read that reply in the link? It explains why you see heat.

you couldn't before (unless it was broken)

now everything lights up like a Xmas tree

Also, this is alpha.. so there will be numerous things that are broken and get fixed moving forwards.

do you even understand what you quoted? read it few times

go read it you can't see through window (or clear image) with thermal... you will just see heat

Edited by Starngere

go read it you can't see through window (or clear image) with thermal...

yes? doesnt mean you should see heat signature from it, because it should have the same surface temperature as the rest of the buildings, unless it is being heated up by magic

and?

maybe cause glass is always reflecting heat that is around it.

OMFG, why do you talk about things you have no idea about, oh ye right, its the internet, everyone knows everything ...

here:

see much heat from glass?

Edited by MadGelo

don't know if anybody has touched a glass window after its been sitting in the sun but it can get pretty dam hot. Makes perfect sense to me.

don't know if anybody has touched a glass window after its been sitting in the sun but it can get pretty dam hot. Makes perfect sense to me.

:facepalm:

Actually, if poorly insulated, building loses a LOT of energy through windows. But only when heated :D

Fig9_59.gif

architella_2.jpg?w=510

Thermal-image-camera-demo-001.jpg

doesnt make sesce in abandoned town at night in DayZ tho, does it

Of course not!

Did you read "But only when heated" part? Do I have to chew it for you?

My guess is that the way it was before - it wasn't realistic for ArmA2 - WHY ALL BUILDINGS ARE ABANDONED? Why nobody lives in ANY of the houses? When playing ArmA2 - cities don't look populated at all. So they fixed it for ArmA2 and ruined it for DayZ :D

Maybe because of the zombie invasion everybody forgot to turn their heating off? Never though of that, heh.