mantas191

How do I disable Dayz to play Arma2:OA?

Heya guys i just wanted to ask is there any way to disable dayz so i could play oa? I mean without deleting any files etc?

I have tried going into expansions but when i click on something the option "Disable" doesnt come up .

You remove the @dayz part in your launch options.

Edit: How do you launch your game? I might be able to give you more accurate help.

Edited by Snipes12

boot Arma OA, go to the expansions option from the main menu and un-tick the check box where it lists DayZ, reboot Arma.

You remove the @dayz part in your launch options.

Edit: How do you launch your game? I might be able to give you more accurate help.

i launch my game through six launcher because when i try to launch my game from steam it throws me out an error "Direct 3dx engine " or something like that .

boot Arma OA, go to the expansions option from the main menu and un-tick the check box where it lists DayZ, reboot Arma.

thats the thing i cannot untick the option in the expansions it shows the option but does not allow me to press it

Can't you use a regular shortcut for starting up CO? I don't have steam, but I helped a friend out with it, and I remember there being an option (right mouse button menu I think) to set up an ordinary shortcut to start your game from.

Can't you use a regular shortcut for starting up CO? I don't have steam, but I helped a friend out with it, and I remember there being an option (right mouse button menu I think) to set up an ordinary shortcut to start your game from.

Yes there is but it throws me out an error "Direct 3dx9 graphical engine failed " i tried several ways to fix it but never worked, so i guess if i fix that i should be able to play oa?

Try running arma2oa.exe as administrator, that should fix the directx error.

Once it runs the expansion window should work, because it is not launched trough any script (six) or shortcut.

• Like 1

Try running arma2oa.exe as administrator, that should fix the directx error.

Once it runs the expansion window should work, because it is not launched trough any script (six) or shortcut.

but how would i launch my game as admin ? because i have not bought combined operations so i launch co through oa on steam is it possible to make that type of shortcut?

Go to Program Files>Steam>steamapps>common>Arma 2 operation arrowhead, make a shortcut and run as admin :)

• Like 1

Go to Program Files>Steam>steamapps>common>Arma 2 operation arrowhead, make a shortcut and run as admin :)

Thank you will try that now

but how would i launch my game as admin ? because i have not bought combined operations so i launch co through oa on steam is it possible to make that type of shortcut?

I believe it is. Like I said, I only remember some of it from helping out a friend, but if you go to your games menu, somewhere in there should be an option to create a shortcut for Combined Operations. You can then try running that as admin and see if that helps as Tex suggested.

Nvm, Tex already helped you out, good luck!

Edited by Mercator
  • Like 1

i just found out that i have a beta patch launch aswell would you advise me to use that rather than arma2oa.exe?

i just found out that i have a beta patch launch aswell would you advise me to use that rather than arma2oa.exe?

Not if you updated to 1.62 to play the regular game, I'm not even sure there is a new beta out yet. It's only been like one or two days since they released the patch.

• Like 1

Most of the vanilla arma2 servers won't let you join with the latest beta because it is not backwards compatible with the version they are running (mostly 1.60.87xxx), the last build that worked for me was beta 94700.