Sign in to follow this  
slugsmoneygirls

put log out timer and make guns do less damage to players

you are a fucking tool. where is your argument? there isnt one. you know why because you WRONG and i am RIGHT. you didnt even take up my challenge. srsly you are a huge faggot dude.

go read my post it clearly explains why more shots to kill = higher skill cap. you are thickheaded fool that cant comprehend simple logic. srsly i dont know why i am wasting time on some pathetic shithead. srsly just go and learn some maths. go and buy a maths textbook for high school students and just learn some stuff, you are so dumb it aint funny, some maths might help train ur logic abilities.

you didn't give me a challenge you bellend. and your logic as to why more shots = higher skillcap is a fucktruck load of bollox. you go tell that arguement to the SAS and watch them laugh in your face and call you a ponse.

I don't need to learn maths. Surviving being killed from 1 shot is a higher skill cap than being able to survive 5 shots. end of. dipshit.

• Like 1

First off, I didn't say about dayz becoming esport, I said from esport point of view - it is considered that landing more shots requires better skills in guncontrol, and it gives a guy, that has been jumped on to fight back.

Cod4 was pretty competitive btw, later parts just suck. Bf3 isn't best bf game either exactly because of random cone. But my point still stands - this game requires different skill set - playing smart, planning your movement, team coordination and others. It is different, and people like it for being different. These players don't go to cod forums and ask them to make the game realistic, and they expect others to do the same towards Arms.

Btw, rocket is considering addition of body armor later on.

i think they had a mod for COD4 to make it ok for competitive play. the newer CODs are just terrible with all those kill streak bonuses and powerup stuff like that.

i really have nothing against realistic style combat but i dont think dayz combat resembles real firefights. from videos i have seen/what i have heard military fire fights involve a bunch of guys that have a vague idea of where the bad guys are and they shoot shit ton of bullets in that direction until they think that whatever was in that area is pretty badly fucked. dayZ is more like, oh dude spotted way over there *pulls out lee enfield* bam hes dead. if you want to have proper realistic combat you need to simulate real world visibiltity and conditions. with correct graphical settings it is very easy to pick out players and take them out in one hit.

i think one of the reasons that devs make gun damage unrealistically low is that it makes combat feel more real. you get the whole feel of coming under fire and being supressed and countering with supressing fire etc etc in dayZ you just get 1 shot. i think one of the reasons this is because it is much easier to aim in a game then it in real life. lining up sights, compensating for sway etc etc is much easier in a game then IRL.

Whoa, so much crying about dying in Dayz. And that comparison to Super Smash Brothers? Dude if you had any "skills" in that game you would have avoided your "noob friend" until the hammer expired. All you want is pretty much a second chance at anyone who takes a shot at you, and actually manages to hit you. Can't you see how a complete opposite that is to the term skill? Why should you be given a second chance? If you were in a position that results in you getting shot, then that isn't because some "noob" was lucky, it's entirely your fault for not scanning and checking the area first.

Sure people spawn in behind you in main cities or point's of interest, but that isn't an issue that should be solved by lowering the weapon damage.

you didn't give me a challenge you bellend. and your logic as to why more shots = higher skillcap is a fucktruck load of bollox. you go tell that arguement to the SAS and watch them laugh in your face and call you a ponse.

I don't need to learn maths. Surviving being killed from 1 shot is a higher skill cap than being able to survive 5 shots. end of. dipshit.

yeh shit bro sorry forgot that the SAS was the leading authority when it comes to game design and skill caps. heck whats that critically acclaimed FPS game they developed and released, i always seem to forget its name.

" Surviving being killed from 1 shot is a higher skill cap than being able to survive 5 shots" ~ Blindingsun

^read this statement you made to yourself until you understand how much of a retard you are

If you die, it's your own fault unless the server got hacked or some Dayz bug killed you. Just learn to play and find some friends, naturally cooperating is a lot easier than soloing.

If you randomly die from 1 shot, it's totally your own fault for being so bad....

Edited by Ihmemies

Ever been shot? I haven't but I bet you would never have written this if you had.

Weapons should do MORE damage. Try taking six from a glock in the chest and see how you do. You can in game.

Alt+f4 needs to be addressed but not like this.

• Like 2

Ever been shot? I haven't but I bet you would never have written this if you had.

Weapons should do MORE damage. Try taking six from a glock in the chest and see how you do. You can in game.

Pistols are a bit silly.. I was once looting a church and sitting in a corner when a guy suddendly appears in front of me. I emptied my Makarov's clip into him and he fell. I thought he was dead until a bit later he started to rise. Had to use a double barreled shotgun to make him not move again.

Whoa, so much crying about dying in Dayz. And that comparison to Super Smash Brothers? Dude if you had any "skills" in that game you would have avoided your "noob friend" until the hammer expired. All you want is pretty much a second chance at anyone who takes a shot at you, and actually manages to hit you. Can't you see how a complete opposite that is to the term skill? Why should you be given a second chance? If you were in a position that results in you getting shot, then that isn't because some "noob" was lucky, it's entirely your fault for not scanning and checking the area first.

Sure people spawn in behind you in main cities or point's of interest, but that isn't an issue that should be solved by lowering the weapon damage.

at any point in time i can view roughly view maybe 90 deg. of my 360 deg. surroundings. at any point in time someone can enter the 270 deg. of space around either by spawning, moving there or me moving into their field of view. since i cant scan and check the whole 360 deg. at every single moment in time there is a possibility they spot me first or i spot them first depending on who is looking where at any point in time. hopefully that explains why i think there is great degree of luck involved and simply scanning your surroundings does not mean someone cannot move there when you are looking elsewhere or someone is simply hidden in foliage.

my theory is that one of the reasons people are opposed to lower gun damage is that they cannot shoot for shit and the only way they can get kills is by getting the drop one someone whether it be through superior situational awareness and planning or sheer luck and oneshotting them. people like luck based gameplay with quick fast easy kills. this makes the game more accessible and easy for new players because good aim is not really required. this is pretty much why old skool arena style fps with fast moving characters and low damage have been replaced with high damage slow movement military shooters like bf3 and COD. accessible = more customers= more cash.

If you die, it's your own fault unless the server got hacked or some Dayz bug killed you. Just learn to play and find some friends, naturally cooperating is a lot easier than soloing.

If you randomly die from 1 shot, it's totally your own fault for being so bad....

im not whining about this game being hard. in fact it is very easy, the only thing difficult about it is the unintuitive UI controls.

most of my deaths to players have been because i have pistol and he has an AK, lag, hacks, i cant aim with this crappy mouse acceleration BS or cos i dont really give a shit because i just spawned and hitting up elektro/cherno sprint in like a motherfucker style.

zombie AI is very easy to exploit. the fact that they slow down in building really makes the stealth redundant unless you are hitting up a danger town and you have valuable items.

at any point in time i can view roughly view maybe 90 deg. of my 360 deg. surroundings. at any point in time someone can enter the 270 deg. of space around either by spawning, moving there or me moving into their field of view. since i cant scan and check the whole 360 deg. at every single moment in time there is a possibility they spot me first or i spot them first depending on who is looking where at any point in time. hopefully that explains why i think there is great degree of luck involved and simply scanning your surroundings does not mean someone cannot move there when you are looking elsewhere or someone is simply hidden in foliage.

my theory is that one of the reasons people are opposed to lower gun damage is that they cannot shoot for shit and the only way they can get kills is by getting the drop one someone whether it be through superior situational awareness and planning or sheer luck and oneshotting them. people like luck based gameplay with quick fast easy kills. this makes the game more accessible and easy for new players because good aim is not really required. this is pretty much why old skool arena style fps with fast moving characters and low damage have been replaced with high damage slow movement military shooters like bf3 and COD. accessible = more customers= more cash.

okay, so if someone spots you...before you spot them...that is considered luck? if someone spots you before you spot them, it is completely your fault, luck plays a very minimal part, if you get shot up walking across a street, your fault for not scanning or scouting effectively , if you get shot for wandering through a forest or a field? you just got outsmarted by someone who set up overlooking said forest or field, or perhaps they were more stealthy and patient than you were, it doesn't come down to luck, a lot of it comes down to patience and whether or not you have the patience to make sure an area is safe before entering it. As far as being able to see 90 degrees and not seeing 270 degrees goes, you can hear in full 360 degrees, turn off the music and listen in areas carefully for sounds, if this doesn't help then work in a group so that you have more eyes scouting around.

Edit: also, i find that pc gamers are a lot more skilled than xbox or any other platform of gamers, so their aim is going to be a lot better than on other consoles...it's a lot easier to aim with a keyboard and a mouse, We just don't want to have to waste all out ammo dropping a noob who's too careless to scout a town or field before entering

Edited by ironman3112

okay, so if someone spots you...before you spot them...that is considered luck? if someone spots you before you spot them, it is completely your fault, luck plays a very minimal part, if you get shot up walking across a street, your fault for not scanning or scouting effectively , if you get shot for wandering through a forest or a field? you just got outsmarted by someone who set up overlooking said forest or field, or perhaps they were more stealthy and patient than you were, it doesn't come down to luck, a lot of it comes down to patience and whether or not you have the patience to make sure an area is safe before entering it. As far as being able to see 90 degrees and not seeing 270 degrees goes, you can hear in full 360 degrees, turn off the music and listen in areas carefully for sounds, if this doesn't help then work in a group so that you have more eyes scouting around.

Edit: also, i find that pc gamers are a lot more skilled than xbox or any other platform of gamers, so their aim is going to be a lot better than on other consoles...it's a lot easier to aim with a keyboard and a mouse, We just don't want to have to waste all out ammo dropping a noob who's too careless to scout a town or field before entering

dude i dont play with music on. you cant hear someone from 300m away if they are just standing or crouched or proned. ive picked of poor guys from 300m away with an enfield and im pretty sure unless they have infrared there was almost no way they could have spotted me since i was inside the root of a tree.

you can even get shot in the process of spotting. what if pull out your scope/binocs to scan the area and possible sniper spots but some is doing the same and he spots your first because you happened to be close to the point where you started to scan whereas he was much further.

i srsly dont get why people are denying that long time to kill takes more skill than short time to kill. there is clear theoretical explanation as to why this is and there is plenty of real world data (have a look at the e sports scene which is all about skill caps and player skill)

put a log out timer that keeps u in server for 20-30 secs after u leave the server even if u alt tab. insta log out kind of ruins the whole point of this game. i hear BI is working on some crazy scheme that records players log out behaviours and kills their character or something based on something. WHY not just put a simple log out timer. alt+f4 haha ur char still stays in the server for 20 seconds even if ur game is off. why do you want to overload your servers with more data collection/processing.

reduce the gun damage to other players. pvp is fun in this game so make it last longer. fuck realism, i like drawn out battles which are more about skill rather than the luck of positioning.

remove RNG based stuff like knocked down when under 9000 hp. this is just dumb. stupid random events like this and bugs are annoying and stupid.

make zombies harder. maybe more damage and/or HP or just add more (might increase lag). reason why people dont work together is because the zombies are so easy. srsly i dont even bother to stealth even if i dont have weapon. just sprint around like a madman and aggro all of cherno, do some crazy tricks its all good. i dont think you should be able to outrun zombies indefinitely either, it makes the game wayyyyyy tooo easyyyyyyy.

please make standalone version fast. arma engine is sucks. god what kind of retard idea was it to put positive accel on y axis and negative accel on x axis and you cant even turn it off. most ridiculous UI and inventory system as well. why use change in colour to represent hunger/thirst levels. almost every other game out there uses a bar or a numerical value because it is better, it is easier to tell what your levels are like compared to colour change system. also current system is not colourblind compatible.

^

DO IT

xsz77.jpg

dude i dont play with music on. you cant hear someone from 300m away if they are just standing or crouched or proned. ive picked of poor guys from 300m away with an enfield and im pretty sure unless they have infrared there was almost no way they could have spotted me since i was inside the root of a tree.

you can even get shot in the process of spotting. what if pull out your scope/binocs to scan the area and possible sniper spots but some is doing the same and he spots your first because you happened to be close to the point where you started to scan whereas he was much further.

i srsly dont get why people are denying that long time to kill takes more skill than short time to kill. there is clear theoretical explanation as to why this is and there is plenty of real world data (have a look at the e sports scene which is all about skill caps and player skill)

as things stand right now you still need skill to kill players, if it takes longer to kill people then it will require less skill to survive (more skill to kill, less skill to survive) and Rocket is all about making this world a brutal world to survive in, so why would he make it easier to survive in? You're saying that we don't want to increase the amount of bullets it takes to kill because we're crappy shots, using the same logic i can assume that you want it to take more bullets to get killed because you're a crappy survivor

as things stand right now you still need skill to kill players, if it takes longer to kill people then it will require less skill to survive (more skill to kill, less skill to survive) and Rocket is all about making this world a brutal world to survive in, so why would he make it easier to survive in? You're saying that we don't want to increase the amount of bullets it takes to kill because we're crappy shots, using the same logic i can assume that you want it to take more bullets to get killed because you're a crappy survivor

i dunno but i always thought the game was more about zombie survival rather than pk survival. at the moment zombies are a joke. surviving players is easy as well long as you dont raid NW airfield, elekro, cherno.

also the effect on survivabiity from reducing gun damage is counteracted by the fact that the person who is getting the first shot has a more difficult time to survive since he has to fire more rounds to kill and therefore has a greater chance of being detected. the penalty to survability is being shifted onto the aggressor benefiting the victims to a degree. i want to see firefights with lots of bullets being shot that last for a long time like real military firefights.

at the moment i think it is really sad how you can camp in a bush or a root of a tree in a high traffic area such as the north east of elektro and get really easy kills in the supermarket area or the hospital road. there is almost no way of being detected if you stay back enough unless u get unlucky and someone happens to stumble across you. i just dont like luck factor which is present in low time to to kill.

This has got to be the most idiotic reasoning I ever read on this or any other Arma related forum. The first paragraph is simply moronic. Ofcourse it works like that! Ofcourse you can't see left and right at the same time! Please explain in what universe you can do that, be it a game, a sim or real life? Are you actually using that as an argument for telling people that getting shot in this game is simply a case of bad luck? GTFO!

Second paragraph is you complaining about how your "uber skillz" don't work in this particular gaming environment...pretty much equals the idiot level of the first paragraph!

Ofcourse people with "superior situational awareness and planning" will beat your "old skool arena style fps with fast moving characters and low damage" in this game because this game is not an "old skool arena style fps with fast moving characters and low damage"!!!! Get that through your thick skull! You want to play one of those "old skool arena style fps with fast moving characters and low damage", go ahead and play them! This is like you complaining about why a pitcher can't score a ffing touchdown. Yes, I refer to games that both are being played with a ball, but noone in their right mind would want one to be like the other, because they're good at one but not the other, now would they? Your olk skool fps and Arma both have guns with bullets coming out of them, but that's as far as the simillarities go. Learn to play the game or otherwise stick to your skills in other titles. When WarZ comes out or when DayZ becomes a standalone, have at it, by all means. Untill then you are stuck with a mod of a game that nobody forces you to play.

• Like 2

This has got to be the most idiotic reasoning I ever read on this or any other Arma related forum. The first paragraph is simply moronic. Ofcourse it works like that! Ofcourse you can't see left and right at the same time! Please explain in what universe you can do that, be it a game, a sim or real life? Are you actually using that as an argument for telling people that getting shot in this game is simply a case of bad luck? GTFO!

Second paragraph is you complaining about how your "uber skillz" don't work in this particular gaming environment...pretty much equals the idiot level of the first paragraph!

Ofcourse people with "superior situational awareness and planning" will beat your "old skool arena style fps with fast moving characters and low damage" in this game because this game is not an "old skool arena style fps with fast moving characters and low damage"!!!! Get that through your thick skull! You want to play one of those "old skool arena style fps with fast moving characters and low damage", go ahead and play them! This is like you complaining about why a pitcher can't score a ffing touchdown. Yes, I refer to games that both are being played with a ball, but noone in their right mind would want one to be like the other, because they're good at one but not the other, now would they? Your olk skool fps and Arma both have guns with bullets coming out of them, but that's as far as the simillarities go. Learn to play the game or otherwise stick to your skills in other titles. When WarZ comes out or when DayZ becomes a standalone, have at it, by all means. Untill then you are stuck with a mod of a game that nobody forces you to play.

Now sit the fuck down and shut the fuck up, you cunt.

i have stated numerous times that I DONT LIKE "REALISM" WHEN IT COMES TO GUN DAMAGE. THIS IS MY ARGUMENT. why do people keep bringing up the point that longer time to kill is not realistic. THE WHOLE POINT IS I THINK IT WOULD BE FUNNER IF IT WANT REALISTIC. if you wish to argue please state WHY YOU THINK REALISM IS FUNNER. dont simply tell me my idea of time to kill is NOT REALISTIC. I AM VERY AWARE OF THIS TRUST ME.

and no you dont die from 50 cal hit anywhere in the body. it will fuck you up but if you get shot in the legs or arms or any other non vital organ and can stop the bleeding you will not die. there are no essential organs in the arms or legs.

If you seriously don't want to play a game that's built entirely on a SIMULATION ENGINE, go play COD and leave us the fuck alone, otherwise quit yer bitchin and either play or go code yourself something better. And honestly, arguing with an ex sniper (not me)? 50 cal will fucking rip you apart, ive seen ballistic dummies and melons just explode from a single round, so your argument there is beyond bullshit and needs to be dropped.

too many arma 2 fanbois in dis bitch confusing unintuitive and unreponsive UI/controls with difficulty

Then go, leave, get the fuck out of here, don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out. And seriously, if DayZ is built on ARMA 2, what in the flying banana monster where you expecting here? COD dick suckers or something? Halo fanboys? If your manners aren't pathetic, it's your logic that's screaming "I R RETURDED HURR HURR HURR!"

Wow, i read halfway through and i just had the sudden urge to tell you to just Uninstall DayZ and ArmA and just go kill yourself.

There you go OP.

• Like 1

luck has nothing to do with anything in this mod besides loot spawn. if someone saw you first, its because YOU were not being careful enough. and if they kill you on the first bullet? NOT LUCK. its called aim. they took their time, snuck up, and took you out like a pro. this isnt a run and gun shooter, you have to be alert and pay attention to your surroundings. You need to develop an eye to catch thing sthat are out of place that hint towards the presence of another player. PvP in a nutshell.

yea you're an idiot, i hope you know that luck is non-existent. Luck is merely just what you're subconscious does to save you in tight situations. so, in other words you are a fucking retard, who likes to call other people retards, so basically a troll. also, why do you bring up the morphine realism element, i don't even think i have seen another game that even makes you administer any morphine after being shot (as a normal gameplay mechanic).

Not to mention the fact that dayz is meant to be a SIMULATOR which means it is meant to be as realistic as possible, lets see if you can take a 7.62 NATO round without collapsing, if anything damages need to be increased.

Edited by Pfc.William

dude once i logged onto a server and walked down the stairs of a building to find a dude with his back facing towards me. i shot him and took his stuff. totally skill aye.

in large cities it is almost impossible to have constant recon updates of every single area from which you can be shot from unless you are playing with like 20-30 friends...... face it, lots of the time its luck. you do a quick scan of your surroundings every know and then to increase the chances that someone might not walk into you from an unfavorable angle. it is impossible to look in every direction at all times if you havent realised. there is a lot of luck/probability involved.

i just proved it with a simple fact- i will repeat

it is impossible to look in every direction at all times

people can shoot at you from any direction when in the open

-

OMG.png Edited by Keurk

Dear People,

Please take out guns and replace with paintball that way we dont die and we can all loot stuffs and have a circle jerk at my campfire. I dont like being shot anymore....

Ha................... Stop Complaining about Firearm damage to players, Last time I checked my AR-15 and my m1911 can both kill you with one shot... so yeah stfu about nerfing weapons and go play Little Big Planet or something

There's a place on this forum for suggestions and this isn't it.