Sign in to follow this  
DrDink

Got eveything and still cant play

Well, I have spent the best part of 2 days trying to get this game to work.

I have a fresh install of ArmA 2 Free, ArmA 2 OA (Updated to 1.62) Neither are Steam. I installed both of these and spent 30 mins playing each one to get my settings right. I can run both of them with no issues.

I went to the DayZ website and found an intallation guide . . . http://dayzmod.com/f...ors/#entry18541 and followed it step by step.

I have been checking all the errors people have been getting and discounted the 'CA_Dubbing_Counterattack' and the 'No Entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Citizen 1.scope' as they dont affect the game.

The only other error I am getting is the . . . 'You cant play/edit this mission, it is dependant on downloadable content that has been deleted.chernarus'

Now I see that comes up sooooo often and the only repsonse I find is 'You have installed the DayZ files in the wrong place' or no response at all.

I really enjoy watching all of the videos on youtube and specifically went and bought/downloaded the ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead just to play this game.

Has ANYONE fixed the ' deleted.chernarus' error ? ? ? ? ?

A frustrated gamer needs other gamers help.

Thanks.

Edited by DrDink

deleted.chernarus would indicate that you aren't running combined operations, as you are running ArmA 2 free you have to go through a different install process than people with the full retail version of both.

After a quick google i've found this guide, hopefully it helps, http://kodabar.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/how-to-install-dayz-with-arma-2-free.html

ok, thanks for that site. Checking it out now. Would it be beneficial to delete all DayZ stuff and only use the SixUpdater?

I prefer doing it all manually, but you could try that as SixUpdater seems to be pretty effective for those who use it, so its worth a shot.

Edited by Aftershok

OK, so a fresh install of ArmA 2 free, ArmA 2 OA. Install the Arma 1.62 patch. Then install Sixupdater. Let SixUpdater do the rest????

did the above and also cleared out my registry of all ArmA related guff, restarted and did the above and viola, working DayZ :)

Happy now. Time to shit a brick :)