Sign in to follow this  
Bl0tt0

Starting dayz mission automatically after restart

So me and a buddy got our own server on monday, were pretty happy and everything is working except one thing.

When we restart our server, it's not loading the dayz mission automatically and is stuck at "creating", we have to login as admin and select it on our own.

Is there a way to get this done without our intervention?

Thanks in advance

Hey,

as you should have read in the default server config, just add this to the server_rndnumber.cfg:

// MISSIONS CYCLE (see below)
class Missions
{
class DayZ {
template = dayz_YOURMISSIONNUMBER.Chernarus;
difficulty = "veteran"; // change this for other difficulty settings, regular, expert is valid
};
};

• Like 1

I have the same trouble - in my server_rndnumber.cfg I have lines listed above, but in server list my server still "Creating" until first player login and click Next in Current mission window. Because of this, as I understand, vehicle doesn't spawn on my server?

I have the same trouble [...] until first player login and click Next in Current mission window. Because of this, as I understand, vehicle doesn't spawn on my server?

Thats not the same issue, what you noticed on your server is normal, because arma 2 (correct me if i'm wrong) can't "start" a mission automatically it only can "select" one. At least one player has to be on the server to start. ;)

Do you mean random vehicles or vehicles you already found and placed somewhere?

Thats not the same issue, what you noticed on your server is normal, because arma 2 (correct me if i'm wrong) can't "start" a mission automatically it only can "select" one. At least one player has to be on the server to start. ;)

Do you mean random vehicles or vehicles you already found and placed somewhere?

Rondom vehicles. According to this map I visited about ten places where vehicle spawn, but nothing found.

The appearance of vehicles depends on the number of players? On my server just 2 players.

The appearance of vehicles depends on the time the server is running (I've read in another thread).

Without restarts?

Hey,

as you should have read in the default server config, just add this to the server_rndnumber.cfg:

// MISSIONS CYCLE (see below)
class Missions
{
class DayZ {
template = dayz_YOURMISSIONNUMBER.Chernarus;
difficulty = "veteran"; // change this for other difficulty settings, regular, expert is valid
};
};

its working, thanks :)

Edited by Bl0tt0

How'd you get past this? I've been trying to figure it out and when I log into admin and then go to #missions to create and start the game on the server I can't locate a DayZ MPmission.