Sign in to follow this  
addleses

Weirdness on US368

We were north of elektro, sorting out gear when one of the Single Player Arma NPCs is heard speaking "Hi, there." This is creepy enough but one of our number gets teleported to the ocean, then back, then back out to sea. I am the admin of the server, so I tell the guys to get out to the lobby. If this is a hacker or something else, I want to restart it ASAP. Following this, I am kicked from every server I try and join. (I suspect this may be related to the steam update, but am unsure). One of our guys did get the whole thing recorded and will post a link soon, hopefully.

I read a post earlier tonight about an admin who could not join any server after a hack event on his own server but I couldnt find it again....sorry.....read too damn many posts tonight.

Yes that fixed the kicking, but the weirdness remains unexplained. Once I get Gibbons' permission, I (or he) will link the video of that whole thing. What I perceive is that he was ported away, and then duped with an AI. I think this because once the duped character was being shot, there was a lot of the blue "Cease Fire, blue on blue!" instantly in the chat. He had all of the original guy's weapons, etc.