Sign in to follow this  
Airogue

Installing DayZ: A2:CO

I am currently deployed and have a very weak satelite internet connection. After a full week of downloading I was able to get ARMA 2 from steam. I purchased Arma 2:Combined Ops, but have yet to download Operation Arrowhead. As my internet speed is approximately 25kb/s at best (often it's around 10kb/s) I was hoping that the downloading of Op Arrowhead was not essential and just the CD key was needed.

I played Arma II off-line this morning with no difficulty. I've downloaded the Six-Installer, current Arma2 update Beta, and the DayZ zip files. I have not installed any of the files yet to prevent any problems if I do in fact need OA installed.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks.

Yes, you need Operation Arrowhead to play DayZ.

EDIT: You need it installed.

PPS: Can you copy it from a friend and simply it paste it?, I download once here and simply copy to other machines in house.

Edited by Arch

Can you copy it from a friend and simply it paste it?, I download once here and simply copy to other machines in house.

That's an idea. I didn't know if the download from Steam can be copied and pasted like that. I know they would need the CD Key on their own but wasn't sure if Steam would recognize if they didn't download it.

Unfortunately no one I know has downloaded Arrowhead, so I'll have to spend the next week downloading it as well.

Thanks for the quick reply though.