daze23

Arma update nerfed revolver?

first I got the update from Six, but never played that. later Steam updated. then I played, and noticed the issues

the arma2ao.exe in my main folder and expansion/beta folder both claim to be 1.62.95.248. they're both also exactly 12,849 kb

another difference I notice was on the main menu screen. when I launch with Six, it shows both the Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA logos, just like when I launch 'Combined Operations' through Steam. before the update, when I launched with Six, it would only show me the Arma 2 OA logo

the other addition was the new video options: PPAA, and AtoC. do people without the Steam update have those?

Edited by daze23

I think it is a bug or something unintended. going from 1 shot to 3-4 shots is pretty drastic. that's not a slight tweaking of the damage

Yeah I was running around town with my friends aggroing shit and we all had 6 mags, 1 1911, me revolver, and 1 new spawn makarov expecting it to go real easy and only use a couple mags and probably loot back half and some food... we wound up using all our mags getting 1 back, 1 bandage each at least, 1 blood bag, 2 cooked meat, and 3 painkillers...

If this is an intended feature I'm using my hatchet for EVERYTHING... can some people confirm or deny whether the hatchet was 1 shot on the servers that weren't 1 shots.

By the way, it is a almost certain bug, since other guns didn't get nerfed. The .45ACP files probably got replaced with the 9mm by accident.

Funny thing is that it sounds like it happened to the guns that used ammo that could be combine glitched... I can confirm that the 1911 and revolver are 3-4 hit kills on Z and others are saying that some shotty's are weaker too, maybe someone should try the m24/DMR/m14 guns. Maybe they tried to fix the ammo combine exploit and broke some other code...

It seems like this is an issue with the steam update. From what I've read so far everyone that updated their clint in steam has this bug whereas everyone that didn't can play just fine. Seems like we have to wait for an official statement from the devs

It seems like this is an issue with the steam update. From what I've read so far everyone that updated their clint in steam has this bug whereas everyone that didn't can play just fine. Seems like we have to wait for an official statement from the devs

Question is is there any way to roll back these updates on our side?

Question is is there any way to roll back these updates on our side?

just replace your arma2ao.exe file with one of the recent beta's

but I think we should worry about moving forward and resolving the issue

Could you expand on your thought-process a little, here?

I feel confident in my understanding of his vision because everything he says might as well had been me talking, because he shares my preferences amazingly well. He has said several times what he wants to do with this project, I have listened to all interviews I know of (the latest being with some youtuber (codsomething, cba to look it up atm) and the one before that was with the guru-guys (just a few days ago) where he stated he will not compromise in his design for authenticity above all else. He also voted in a poll about horror-elements that he prefers non-supernatural horror (which he expanded on in I believe his latest interview by saying he consider the infected type of "zombies" more terrifying because they are believable).

Now, until there's a source to the claim that he suddenly changed his mind in the last 2 days, I'm gonna keep calling BS to this claim.

Maybe that video-clip more appropriately describes your situation atm.

Let me explain,

you come across like you're a cocky bastard./end

normally I'd answer you a little more indepth,but I'm in the middle of a game so I'll have to make it short,

"your claims to know exactly what Rocket has planned make you sound like a real douchebag" is as far as I can go,

and the video,the boys all go "OOOOOOOOH" when Rory Breaker displays a lot of arrogance in a short span of time,

like you did in your first post, your second explained your though processes,but still displayed the same "I know everything" arrrogance,

simple as,

and your attempt at rebuttal based on the video(which you admitted you didn't understand) was feeble.

Maybe the hitpoints of the zombies was increased without us noticing, instead of the guns being nerfed. Incidentally I've been killed two more times because of the lack of damage output from pistols and even shotguns.

Maybe the hitpoints of the zombies was increased without us noticing, instead of the guns being nerfed. Incidentally I've been killed two more times because of the lack of damage output from pistols and even shotguns.

Can you not read?

Weapon M1911 Revolver

Old damage 4500 4500

New damage 1389 1389

More weapon nerf info on link.

Edited by Infineon

Can you not read?

I can read, I'm just not omnipotent and therefore cannot possibly read every bit of text on this forum.

Can you not be fucking rude?

http://www.fpsgenera...a-ii-and-how-it

Google, shes told me she's feeling a bit chilly, you should go to her and comfort her, she gave me this, she told me it was for you. Don't worry, you may leave your beans with me, I'll keep them safe.

Now, without all the bullcrap, they've nerfed just about all the DayZ weapons that are non-military grade, and a few that are. Including the Lee Enfield, it now needs two shots to kill, where as regular snipers are unaffected.

Edited by CarloNord

FYI, those damage modifications are more realistic when you are shooting targets with combat armour, but not really zombies. AFAIK arma is treating everyone (except civilians) with the same damage model but different hitpoint values. Armour as separate gear is Arma 3 feature. Logical solution to this is decreasing zombie hitpoints, that should solve it basically.

Edited by frostwyrm333

Let me explain,

you come across like you're a cocky bastard./end

normally I'd answer you a little more indepth,but I'm in the middle of a game so I'll have to make it short,

"your claims to know exactly what Rocket has planned make you sound like a real douchebag" is as far as I can go,

and the video,the boys all go "OOOOOOOOH" when Rory Breaker displays a lot of arrogance in a short span of time,

like you did in your first post, your second explained your though processes,but still displayed the same "I know everything" arrrogance,

simple as,

and your attempt at rebuttal based on the video(which you admitted you didn't understand) was feeble.

I don't wish to further derail the thread, but you are very much too average in your ability to think rationally for me to bother wasting my time with you.

You selectively misread my post, although possibly unknowingly.

Besides, using logic to draw conclusions and then trying to explain this process to a stupid person could quite possibly be mistaken for arrogance... in the eyes of a stupid person.