Hey I know this sounds weird but I was just wondering is it more normal to play DayZ in 1st or 3rd person, and is it easier to play it in 1st or 3rd. I can't really make up my mind and just wanted to see what everyone else did or maybe some pros and cons of each. Thanks for any responses.

I use third person to run around, look, and play mostly.

If I need to shoot, or my 3rd person view is blocked, I switch to 1st.

Hey I know this sounds weird but I was just wondering is it more normal to play DayZ in 1st or 3rd person, and is it easier to play it in 1st or 3rd. I can't really make up my mind and just wanted to see what everyone else did or maybe some pros and cons of each. Thanks for any responses.

Pretty much everyone plays 3rd person. You get a better view around your character, and you can manipulate the camera to look around corners (the difference between aggro'ing a zombie or getting shot in the face).

Edited by Strogg

I use the 3rd person view when travelling. It's more pleasent when the screen isn't shaking. When I enter to place where I know I could need to fire my gun, I switch to 1st person view. 3rd pv is easier when moving into town, you can see zombies more easily. 3rd pv is kind of cheating because you can see other side of fences and walls. That's why many players like to play in servers where it's disabled.

I actually only use 1st person, I find it more immersive and easier to me. It depends on your opinion.

I use third person to run around, look, and play mostly.

If I need to shoot, or my 3rd person view is blocked, I switch to 1st.

This, exactly.

I use the 3rd person view when travelling. It's more pleasent when the screen isn't shaking. When I enter to place where I know I could need to fire my gun, I switch to 1st person view. 3rd pv is easier when moving into town, you can see zombies more easily. 3rd pv is kind of cheating because you can see other side of fences and walls. That's why many players like to play in servers where it's disabled.

You can turn head-bobbing off.

-MONSTER

3rd person view gives a more realistic view, it gives you peripheral vision. There are downsides, such as being able to look around corners etc., but in real life you could be much more hidden rather than tilting your entire upper body like in the game, so it is a fair balance.

I rarely use 1st person, when I need to fire the gun I use the right mouse button to look through the sights of the gun, which gives a 1st person view.