Thunder1

Cannot open files (startup issues)

I recently was kicked off a server so I re-opened six launcher and it required an update, it completed fine, but now whenever I try join a server or simply open Arma 2 OA, it tells me:

Cannot open file 'c:\program files(x86)\steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\expansion\addons\weapons_e.pbo'

All I can press is ok, and I have no idea how to fix it?

Is anyone else having this problem or know how to fix it? Please help!

Edit: I managed to get into the in game server browser but when I try to join a server, it says:

"You cannot play/edit this mission, it is dependant on downloadable content that has been deleted.chernarus"

Help!

Edited by Thunder1

got this same message for a bit, its gone now, and now i cant join servers..

really solid game play!

Steam was updating when we were getting that error message. Once it finished, I could join a server but I would get kicked right away.

This is like the 4th patch in a row that has broken the game more then it's helped it. >.>

Also broke my game. Got kicked out the game in the middle of a play session. Oddly my friend didn't get kicked but could report multiple people getting kicked from the server at the same time with the same issue as me. I revalidated on steam and downloaded 2 missing files, still had a problem. I then tried to revalidate again and again 2 files were missing. Looks like it's weapons, anims_e, and mission_e.pbo (All with .pbo at the end) are missing and causing me errors as I try to either load the game or join a server.

I also have gotten a couple of INVALID SERIAL KEY prompts since I got kicked the first time :/

This really sucks!

Edit: Reinstalled six launcher, same errors. Uninstalled six launcher and installed DayZ Commander, same errors.

Edit 2: Reinstalled ARMA 2, OA, DayZ commander and it worked!

Edited by Oshrilkal

Also broke my game. Got kicked out the game in the middle of a play session. Oddly my friend didn't get kicked but could report multiple people getting kicked from the server at the same time with the same issue as me. I revalidated on steam and downloaded 2 missing files, still had a problem. I then tried to revalidate again and again 2 files were missing. Looks like it's weapons, anims_e, and mission_e.pbo (All with .pbo at the end) are missing and causing me errors as I try to either load the game or join a server.

I also have gotten a couple of INVALID SERIAL KEY prompts since I got kicked the first time :/

This really sucks!

Edit: Reinstalled six launcher, same errors.Uninstalled six launcher and installed DayZ Commander, same errors.

Exactly what happened to me, my friend was okay and could see a lot of people trying to join but got errors, now he has just got kicked nad now has the same problem as all of us -.-

Exactly what happened to me, my friend was okay and could see a lot of people trying to join but got errors, now he has just got kicked nad now has the same problem as all of us -.-

Reinstalled ARMA 2, OA, DayZ commander and it worked!