Sign in to follow this  
Scipios (DayZ)

My First Kill

I spawned just West of a small hamlet on the coast of Chernogask. After looking around and getting my bearings (where is the tree line, where are the roads, what time is it, can I see any Z's or other survivors) I decided to slowly walk just in the tree line towards the village.

Immediately I saw a small house with an open door, I was looking for anything, this was my first time and all I wanted was food, water or anything that could be useful. As I entered I saw a small kitchen to my left with a table in the middle and a body bag on the floor. I disgustingly decided to see if the body might have had anything I could use on it but quickly realised that the house was clear of anything.

Disappointed I left the house and looked to my right. Somehow - I dont know how - there was a bandit there. He was looking further down the road but clearly he had just been in the house.. scared shocked and wary of what I had heard of Bandits I paused for a moment. I considered whether I should kill him or not. It wasnt long before I was aiming my Makarov directly towards his brain and I pulled the trigger. And I didnt pull it just once - oh no! I pulled that trigger about four or five times to make sure that he was dead.

I paused and watch him tumble onto the ground in a heap of brain, skull and blood.. lots of blood.

I searched his body and found more makarov rounds along with some pain killers and food. I couldnt carry it all so decided to eat the food I already had and drink my water before picking up the bandits gear.

My heart was pounding about what I had just done. I felt guilty, ashamed but absolutely thrilled that in some respect I had just taken revenge for one of my fellow survivors who had been killed by that sorry bastard.

I continued on through the town before suddenly hearing shotgun fire. I ducked and went into a building, peering from the window to see If i could catch a glimpse of who it was. This time it was a survivor, clearly a relaxed one at that (and who wouldnt be with a shotgun?). He was casualy running around the streets shooting any Zombie that he wanted.

It was at that point that I made a decision, I knew that while i had a few more makarov bullets than before and enough beans and water to last me for a while, I knew that I was going to have to get more advanced supplies like a compass, hunting knife a map maybe. If I was ever going to survive. I decided to follow him and observe his actions, slowly I crept behind him, ever constant of passing zombies who might get in the way.

Then it all happened so quickly, he turned around and spotted me. Before I knew it he suffered the same fate as the Bandit before. He collapsed on the ground and was bleeding to death. I walked over to him and finally lodged a bullet into his brain, ending his life.

I found what I was looking for from that poor man. But it had cost me my humanity and some blood (his shotgun hit me in the leg). I vowed that now I could survive quite comfortably, that I would never make the mistake of murdering somebody ever again.

Then 2 hours later.. I did.

Tl;DR

I killed a bandit and a survivor within the space of 15 minutes and got epic loot.