phisher34

HFB Camo / Ghillie suit problem fixed

It required a re-installation of our server, took about an hour, but it fixed the issue. You do not lose gear, tents, or vehicles with the reinstall.

It required a re-installation of our server, took about an hour, but it fixed the issue. You do not lose gear, tents, or vehicles with the reinstall.

I guess that's what we need. I was worried we would lose all our gear...

How long did it take????

Edited by chisel

IM guessing its going to you anywhere from 15 minutes to a hour. Its all up to HFB staff.

I guess that's what we need. I was worried we would lose all our gear...

How long did it take????

It took a few days for us to hot fix all of the servers having issues.

IM guessing its going to you anywhere from 15 minutes to a hour. Its all up to HFB staff.

That is not what he was asking

This is good to hear, about time this was nailed down. Guess we'll have to have our server re-installed.

Edited by jelly2m8

I would love to know what might have happened, as it obviously wasn't affecting all their server but a significant enough to know that it was just client-side errors.

But, I'm glad the re-install fixed it.

Make sure you put in a support ticket in. I dont know everyones name in the client area who are on the forums

• Like 1

I'm curious how this was tested? I thought current alpha wasn't spawning skins and would be fixed in 1.7.2.4.... Would this be something that needs to be done on all HFB servers?

It didn't relate to the spawning of those items. It was affecting people who already had camo on their character or in their inventory. Basically you couldn't join a server if you had camo on your character, and if you put camo on while playing your character wouldn't save.

Ah, none of my friends have that situation, so I can't test to see if my server has issues. So I guess I'm asking if a re-load needs to be done to correct this issue on all HFB servers or not?

So I'm assuming that this is why I had to manually start my server back up this morning? I can confirm that vehicles/tents and everything saved. Just make sure you rename your server back to what it was because mine was defaulted. I also noticed that the control panel said both updates were not installed. Should I have not installed them again?

Just to clarify, this did not affect all HFB servers, what they did to my server was an individual basis, they did not do a system wide reinstall.

So is it guaranteed that tents, vehicles, etc. will stay after a reinstall?

That is my only qualm about taking such a measure if there is a risk for losing stuff. I mean everything stayed for your server, and if that is the case with any reinstall, it'd be great to know.

Edited by NocturnalS1n

Everything stayed on our server after the reinstall.

I understand that, you stated it in your first post. I just wanted reassurance that the same could be said for every server after a reinstall. Chances point to a yes, but a few more testimonies or more in depth reassurance would never hurt. :P

Edited by NocturnalS1n

I understand that, you stated it in your first post. I just wanted reassurance that the same could be said for every server after a reinstall. Chances point to a yes, but a few more testimonies or more in depth reassurance would never hurt. :P

I had this done a few days ago, and I can confirm all the tents and vehicles and what not remained. Your instance ID will be the same, the only thing that changed for me was the direct IP address of my server. It certainly fixed the issues I was having, and I was only able to test ghillie/camo because I had some stored at my group's camp.

I want to add a plug for Ryahn and HFB, after contacting him and having excellent communication they have re-installed our server and our Ghillie / camo problems are fixed! As noted above all tents and vehicles were un-affected and in the same state as we had left them.

I know there was alot of flack over HFB being posted but in our case Ryahn was prompt and courteous.