Hey guys is this just me or does it seem like if your a lone wolf (out of personal preference or just don't have anyone to play with) and lost some blood that its EXTREMELY hard to get it back, I mean I know that I can eat meat and canned foods to get some back but that's never enough... its more like a nice and sensible bonus. I feel like if I have a bag full of blood that I don't need someone else to help me do it. I understand they want team work but it is hard to find in game help and I don't have a ton of friends who PC game. Maybe they could change this to you could do it yourself and get less blood than with a partner and or maybe they could have a new item that takes some blood lets say 2000 from one player and gives it to another. I was just wondering because it is frustrating for me and wanted to know some other people opinions.

Its easy to get blood back if your a lone wolf, go hunt some cows. Cooked meat gives 900 blood per, and cows usually give 8 meat per.

• Like 2

It's something that forces you to interact with other people; it's a very good game mechanic, and it doesn't take that long to restore blood through food. Find a hunting ground and go to town on it.

That said; (Realism buff) There is no way in hell you could manage to give yourself a transfusion.

Keep your senses keen, and good luck out there.

Edited by LockeDown
  • Like 1

Its easy to get blood back if your a lone wolf, go hunt some cows. Cooked meat gives 900 blood per, and cows usually give 8 meat per.

800 actually.

I didn't know that cow meat or any meat gave that much blood back! Thanks for the information I guess it is just a little more difficult but if it gives that much blood back I just need to get some matches (which are easy to find) and then wood (even easier)... but where can I usually find cows or any wild game, and don't just say the wilderness please.

If you ever need help medically you can go to the Need mediacl assistance thread and request help, if you are in dire need of a blood transfusion etc. theres usually always somebody willing o help you out.

http://dayzmod.com/f...ce-we-can-help/

The link above will take you straight there :thumbsup:

• Like 1

The wildner...

Oh.

But you can often find hogs(4 meat) and bunnies(1 meat) in forests although they can be hard to spot.

If you're in any open plain you can often find a cow,goat,lamb, etc.

But the place I've always found that you can find an animal 90% of the time (for me anyways) is at the NW or Balota Airfield in front of the Hangar area.

<snip>

That said; (Realism buff) There is no way in hell you could manage to give yourself a transfusion.

</snip>

As someone who works in medical field I can tell you it would be entirely possible.

Cannulating (which is a more difficult skill than direct injection or draw) yourself is entirely doable. After that a monkey could transfuse itself, spike a bag prime a line which coud be done beforehand (or after doesnt really matter once cannulated if its secured its not going anywhere and you can use both arms again).

So not really a realistic feature as such, but certainly I wouldn't change it for the game.

One does not simply transfuse their own blood

Surely the bag contains the blood which you were going to transfuse, not the other persons blood :)

Blood is easy to get back meat gives back 800 blood and there is usually a cow or two on top of skalka.

As someone who works in medical field I can tell you it would be entirely possible.

Cannulating (which is a more difficult skill than direct injection or draw) yourself is entirely doable. After that a monkey could transfuse itself, spike a bag prime a line which coud be done beforehand (or after doesnt really matter once cannulated if its secured its not going anywhere and you can use both arms again).

So not really a realistic feature as such, but certainly I wouldn't change it for the game.

Exactly, I've mentioned before that giving one to ones self would be doable. As an Ex-soldier I've been trained to give myself IVs. It would be perfectly believable that anyone who survived a zombie apocalypse this long would learn to give themselves some basic medical treatment