Sign in to follow this  
mowsytron

Amount of bandits on each server now

It's getting ridiculous everytime I get somewhere good I just get shot and killed out of absolutely no where. When I first started playing bandits were a rare thing and people actually wanted to work together now I can't do anything except die over and over and then go to work only to have to come back and start again. I actually want to make progress. Go Away bandits nobody wants you. Rant over. Discuss :P

It's getting ridiculous everytime I get somewhere good I just get shot and killed out of absolutely no where. When I first started playing bandits were a rare thing and people actually wanted to work together now I can't do anything except die over and over and then go to work only to have to come back and start again. I actually want to make progress. Go Away bandits nobody wants you. Rant over. Discuss :P

You wouldn't get shot if you were more careful. Scout the area you are going to from a distance, binoculars are one of the most powerful items in the game. Watch chat to see if there is any activity in the area. The only reason you die is because you make tactical mistakes. Slow your game down, and think about every single step, and movement you make.

Question 1 - Are these "somewhere good" spots Cherno, Elektro, the NWAF, or Stary?

If so... stop right there and never expect to waltz into any of those places and have no bandit presence. If not... proceed to Question 2.

Question 2 - Are you securing the area first?

If so, then you're probably not doing a very complete/thorough job of it. Doing this can allow you to get the jump on Bandits. If not, DO IT.

Question 3 - Are you moving rapidly?

If so, STOP... slow down and observe your surroundings. Be patient and wait for the Bandits to make a mistake... don't let them take advantage of you. If not, proceed to Question 4.

Question 4 - Are you properly armed?

If you're running into a hotspot trying to take over with a Makarov and a crossbow... something's gone wrong. If you expect to get killed by a player, expect to be able to kill them before they kill you. CZ 550, Enfield (If there is a low zombie presence), and/or any assault rifle will do.

youre getting shot becuse you "survivors" keep shooting each other in the back even after calling friendly, so anyone with a brane is shooting players not in there team on sight. i have been shot in the back more times by survivors than bandits.

Same here mowsytron,

Now i really take my time before i move anywhere. In fact yesterday I crawled for like 3 KM just to reach a small village :)

He's right, after you play a while you'll learn the towns and the best approach into town, im not going to march into stary sobor from the opposite side of town to get to the military camp at the north of it. im going to sweep around the north west side using the treeline as cover then head south into the camp, i could also swoop round the SE of the town but then my butt would be exposed because of the open fields.

Before entering a place with more than 3 houses, whip out you binoculars and scope it out, find out where your going to enter and leave, locate the safest enterable building to lead zombies into to get rid of safely and efficiently.

If your being shot at, your not north enough, get out of cherno/elektro ya damn noob, there aint no bandits at my devils castle

youre getting shot becuse you "survivors" keep shooting each other in the back even after calling friendly' date=' so anyone with a brane is shooting players not in there team on sight. i have been shot in the back more times by survivors than bandits.

[/quote']

I don't get this distaste for getting "Shot in the back".

What would you like them to do? Waltz around front so's you can see them and have a Western style duel?

Obviously that's never going to happen in a survival situation. I got bitched at the other day, by a bandit skinned dude entering Stary who I shot in the back with my M1014. He was in my way, and was a bandit. His back happened to be the target that was facing me.

While playing lonewolf: i do TRY TO avoid confrontations but when its unavoidable i DO NOT take my changes

... i bet 90% of ppl are doing exactly same^^ (because trusting a random survivor equals nailing your own coffin) 9 of 10 times

Simply need to team up more. As an individual you cannot observe every inch of terrain a bandit could reside in. You can reduce the odds of getting shot by the suggestions above. However simple fact is a Patient Hidden Bandit overwatching an area will ruin your day. Heck even a chancing bandit with a makarov can ruin your day coupled with the zombies. Your friend gets shot hide wait until the bandit starts looting his body and then unload. Your friend retakes his stuff and the bandits stuff.

If he isn't in your Teamspeak / Mumble / Ventrillo shoot him. The golden rule.

Find a friend, shoot all dangers on sight. If you think you can get around them or wait them out then do it, there is no point in shooting people if they cause you no harm.

Be the change you want to see in the world.

The more people that can be trusted, the more trusting will happen.

It's not an issue of bandits. They aren't the problem. The problem is that more and more people are getting too paranoid, and will shoot anyone on sight. You might lose your beans, but the more trust that can go around, the better. Start trusting, even if it means you have to agree on meeting terms like lowering weapons and turning away from one another, or putting down weapons altogether.

Someone has to start somewhere, or this community will get nowhere. Someone has to extend the olive branch.

Well I took some of the good advise given about waiting and scouting and sneaking and I have finally made it into cherno and got a good weapon and map, compass and torch for tonight. logged out for now plan is tonight to sneak around town when it is harder to spot me and continue collection gear and then get out of there and move to smaller towns etc. If anyone wants to team up give me a shout on here and let me know what server you will be playing on. or add mowsytron on steam. Thanks Guys :)

Well I took some of the good advise given about waiting and scouting and sneaking and I have finally made it into cherno and got a good weapon and map' date=' compass and torch for tonight. logged out for now plan is tonight to sneak around town when it is harder to spot me and continue collection gear and then get out of there and move to smaller towns etc. If anyone wants to team up give me a shout on here and let me know what server you will be playing on. or add mowsytron on steam. Thanks Guys :)

[/quote']

See, your issue is that you were complaining about bandits, while you are in the most highly trafficked area in the game... I just don't get it anymore.

If he isn't in your Teamspeak / Mumble / Ventrillo shoot him. The golden rule.

Could not have said it better myself, a lot of players will cry friendly just to find out if you have better gear than them. Never trust anyone iron sighting the moment you see someone aim even if it's not at you, and you can't see zombies in front of them, kill them. It's not worth chancing. I made the mistake of trusting people too many times the past few days, we'd get loaded up and then they'd kill me after meeting one of their friends so that their friend didn't have to hunt for all the gear. I'm not mad, it's fun makes for a cool environment. If someone invites you to a teamspeak with them, trust them alittle more than before maybe work with them for awhile, but never let them get behind you until they expend supplies try to never let them get behind you.

Be the change you want to see in the world.

The more people that can be trusted' date=' the more trusting will happen.

It's not an issue of bandits. They aren't the problem. The problem is that more and more people are getting too paranoid, and will shoot anyone on sight. You might lose your beans, but the more trust that can go around, the better. Start trusting, even if it means you have to agree on meeting terms like lowering weapons and turning away from one another, or putting down weapons altogether.

Someone has to start somewhere, or this community will get nowhere. Someone has to extend the olive branch.

[/quote']

I agree fully with this guy. I brought up this issue over on the subreddit and proposed the below community-driven solution. I hope other survivors find this solution agreeable and try it out for themselves.

As we all know the root problem are the players that want to be bandits. Now I'm not QQ'ing about these people, as they add to the gaming experience. The problem is though, is that it makes others suspicious of everyone they meet, and since there is little consequence of killing other players, this usually ends up being the action of choice. To combat this I've decided to take on a morale code, and I encourage all non-bandit players to do the same:

If I meet someone I will assume they are friendly and approach them doing something to signify that I am friendly (friendly dance/salute etc.)

- If they don't try to kill me I will record them as being a friendly player. So long as a player is friendly I will NEVER try to kill them for any reason.

- On top of not killing them, I will also make a point of helping them out any time I come across them in-game at a later time.

- If I they do try to kill me, then they get put on my enemies list. They are now shoot-on-site for me for any time I see them.

Now this is a pretty simple set of rules to play by. Sure there is a lot of risk of getting killed, but in return for that death I get to learn a valuable piece of information about that player. To some this might seem a futile practice as there are literally thousands of players to meet and have this encounter with. However, if enough of us play by this code or something similar to it then I think we will eventually sort ourselves out into who can and can't be trusted, and eventually get past this current problem of non-stop PKing.

The problem is that this game is turning into one big deathmatch with zombies as a random annoyance. I don't get why humanity was removed either. At least it gave you a rough idea about the person you have seen. Now you're better off just shoot every other player on sight just to keep yourself safe. I find it hard to believe that that is the sort of gameplay that was intended.