McFearless

Microphone does not work during gameplay

I've noticed people never respond to me ingame, so after trying to talk through DayZ with friends in close proximity, I've come to the conclusion that my mic doesn't work in DayZ. I have a logitech G35 headset, and I've tried to talk through Group and Direct chat, but no one hears me talking.

Could I get some suggestions?

Check the mic settings in the audio menu.

There is a mic capture setting if i recall correctly. Check it's not set too low.

That's all i can suggest, i'm assuming your mic works fine in other games/apps.

Edited by GeordieMarv

also you have to push and hold the communication button when you speak or double click it to turn it on

you will see small black microphone icon in game, then you can talk, when its disappear then its off.

Try connecting ur Sixlauncher (if u use it) with thhe steam microphone thingy. Just do some experiements there and it should work.

Try connecting ur Sixlauncher (if u use it) with thhe steam microphone thingy. Just do some experiements there and it should work.

Can you elaborate on this? Do you mean add sixlauncher(which I do use) as like, a non steam game or something?

Could be a few things, make sure your motherboard and sound card are up to date driver wise.

Find the Windows record program and see if it is recording you or not.

I should have made it clear, but my mic/soundcard/keybinding/defaultdevice settings are all up to date.

I'm having the same problem:

- mic works fine in vent, skype, teamspeak and records fine in windows

- I checked the key bindings in Arma2/Dayz and it seems fine, when I press and hold or double tap the caps lock key I can see the icon on screen

- My default mic and communication device is set to this mic, which is the only mic I use

- All motherboard / audio drivers are up to date

I'm running the 64-bit version of Windows 7 on a computer that's more than capable of handling this game.

Suggestions?

Last time I tried using my G35 mic no-one could hear me either even though the mic icon was showing up when I pressed caps lock. It's not a sound card driver issue either as the headset has its own built in sound card.

someone suggested playing with the sound settings in steam but I am yet to test that.