Sign in to follow this  
Blackbook

What the Eff? Just lost 80% of my gear changing server?

I was playing on a NZ server for last few hours. Started getting red chain on screen so I decided to go to nearest barn, log off and change server.

When I log in to another server, I'm missing my M4, My Pistol, My map, my knife, my matches, all my ammo, my GPS, my axe,...bla bla bla..Lots of stuff.

I didn't die. I still have meat, cans and a few extra pieces - and im in the same spot - just with bugger all of my gear.

It's not like I just looted it - I've had it days.

Where the hell did it all go?!

Edited by Blackbook

I was playing on a NZ server for last few hours. Started getting red chain on screen so I decided to go to nearest barn, log off and change server.

You should NEVER disconnect when you see either the yellow or red chains. Wait a few mins till the chains are gone...THEN disconnect.

• Like 1

I've had that happen before too; same set of circumstances pretty much.

In the end; don't get attached to your gear. You WILL lose it one way or another.

So...thats it? see you later stuff. Bubai. Start again? GG?

In short...yes. Nothing you can do about it. Happens to lots of people...lots of the time.

All you can do is learn from it, and in future try not to disconnect when you see any of the chain links. :(

• Like 1

I'm not attached to it per say, just 3 days crawling around in the dark collecting it on ...don't fancy doing it again considering i wasnt even killed. :(

I'm not attached to it per say, just 3 days crawling around in the dark collecting it on ...don't fancy doing it again considering i wasnt even killed. :(

Don't let it get you down bud. Just chalk it upto a learning experience. It's alpha...some weird shit is gonna happen. Nothing you or we can do about it.

Don't let small things like this stop you from playing a great mod!

Besides, the more you play it...the faster you get. Once you learn how zombies react etc..it wont take you 3 days at all!

Edited by GeordieMarv

One simple variable would improve this a lot;

On logout save data - is save data complete? If yes, save. If no, revert to last save.

Job done.

The most overstated thing on these forums? It's only the alpha! I lost an AS50 by glitching on rocky terrain while prone and instantly dying. Until the beta at least, no one on these forums should be complaining. Everyone's pissed off but no one is telling you to play a game in it's alpha and expect it to run smoother than pacman. We all bought ARMA 2 and we're all losing our gear for bullshit reasons, until the game have enough time to develop all we can do is bitch a bit and then hit the beach.

Same thing happened to me just now on a NZ server also maybe 21) but no red or yellow chain, just logged off prone under a tree. Next time I log on, guns, backpack, matches, compass, hatchet, etc.. all gone.

Edited by Daneoid