Deadly7

Can server admin ban people for finding there tents?

Im playing on US129 I find a well hidden little camp, I begin to look and BAM!!!!!! Big ol message stating im banned "Battle eye number 39" I believe some excuse like that. So okay there gotta be some mistake here, IM NOT A HACKER!! So i rejoin and all I get is some excuse that im banned from BattleEye but yet I can join any other server no problem. Is this Admin abuse or something? I havent hacked in DayZ or do I plan to so, whats the beef with me being banned?

I got kicked from a server 2 seconds after looting 3 tents last night. Some Admins are assholes :P

Do admins have some gods-eye view flying camera or something? How would an admin know you were looting his tents if he wasn't there. Maybe that magic admin camera needs to be disabled to end this admin abuse.

Do admins have some gods-eye view flying camera or something? How would an admin know you were looting his tents if he wasn't there. Maybe that magic admin camera needs to be disabled to end this admin abuse.

Very good question. I'm curious about this myself. I've seen a lot of reports like this but nothing explains how they admins even knew.

YO MAN FUCK THAT I PAY THE INTERNETS BILL ON THIS SERVER YOU DONT GO AROUND LOOTING MY TENT CITY THAT I LAID OUT IN THE MIDDLE OF A GRASS PLAIN, GTFO!

My friend joined the server 15min after I got banned and the car that was there by the tents was gone. So obvioulsy they moved there items to a new campsite after I got banned.I assume they see me, ban me then proceed to move there items to a new area.

Being a server admin, you have surprisingly little control or view of what is happening.

The only thing you can do is search through logs and cryptic messages and try to piece together what is happening, but even then it is close to impossible (and impossible to do on the fly).

In the server logs it doesn't even say who killed who, or anything of that nature.

Maybe they have something set so that if players get within x distance of their tents, auto-ban. You'd need input from an actual admin though as to whether or not they can do that though. If they feel that strongly about it, can't they just run a modified map with their own hidden underground bunker or something.

I don't think admins have godly powers like you're suggesting but i am curious as to how they can tell when people access their tent inventories, either that or people that complain about it are exploiting and trying to cover it.