Sign in to follow this  
Piece of Sheet

Solution: Zombie Knockout Mechanic

Hi, I have been playing for a few days and would like to contribute a suggestion.

I have had times where I was at 11-12k blood, getting chased by one zombie and got knocked down in 1 hit. I also had other times where I was at 8k blood, took 20 hits and have not been knocked down. I am not exactly sure how the zombie knockdown mechanic works, but it looks like it's random.

My suggestion:

Make some sort of counter on how many zombie hits you can take before getting knocked down. The less blood you have, the less hits you can take.

In the following examples, I just inputted numbers I thought would make sense. Feel free to change them.

Example 1:

You are at 12,000 blood. If you take 10 zombie hits in the next 45 seconds, you will get knocked down.

Example 2:

You are at 4,000 blood. If you take 5 zombie hits in the next 45 seconds, you will get knocked down.

Another suggestion (maybe too extreme?):

Remove the knockdown mechanic completely, and instead make it so you take more damage from next hits.

Example 3:

Every zombie attack makes next zombie attacks do 10% more damage for the next 45 seconds. This effect will stack.

With either one of these suggestions, you will not randomly get knocked down and lose all of your gear, but will still be afraid of taking too many zombie hits.

Also, it would be really nice to remove the knockdown mechanic when getting shot by another player. In my opinion, it kind of ruins the whole point of most weapons not being able to 1 shot. I believe there should be no knockdowns in PvP mode.

Just my 2 cents.

Edited by Piece of Sheet
  • Like 2

Yeah, I sometimes find it irritating that every zombie is trained in the art of Mike Tyson's Punch Out.

But, more annoying than that is getting hit once at 12000 healh and breaking a bone. That makes me hit the roof.

you allready get unconcious when getting hit randomly under 9000 blood... countering it would result in maing zombies even easier, and cooperation less needed

no beans for you

Yeah, I sometimes find it irritating that every zombie is trained in the art of Mike Tyson's Punch Out.

But, more annoying than that is getting hit once at 12000 healh and breaking a bone. That makes me hit the roof.

be sure to keep some morphine with you, when spawning, also, breaking bones happens not that often anymore

Edited by Zombo

Sorry, but I dont agree.

I can certainly understand why you find it annoying not to know when it will knock you out but in my opinion thats the beauty of it.

The randomness is what makes the fight exciting. Not knowing when you will get knocked out is a key feature and makes you stay on your towes which in the end adds to the overall tension.

The strange movement patterns of the zombies however are a completely different thing...