Chedder

Blood Regen

Sorry if people have make the same topic but idc.

Players should be able to regenerate blood loss. It a wound is bandaged up, after a while you should be able to regenerate blood. The heart regenerates blood when it is loss and day-z should not be different.

After the wound is bandaged, after bout 5 mins if the player is not damaged blood will rengerate 5 points per sec. if the player is damaged in any way it will stop. If the player started bleeding again the player will need to re-bandage and wait 5 mins for it to start regerating.

It sucks if u go solo for a week on dayz and need somone to give u a blood transfusion, what do you do then? Ask for a shady player to give u one at a chance of getting shot in the back? I think not.

Any other suggestions to this topic?

• Like 2

things you need for infinite blood:

1)an axe

2)a knife

3)box f matches

cograts, you are now completely self sustaining, go somewhere nobody every goes and you can fill complete weeks with just hunting animals and eating 50 kg steak in under an hour, regaining all your blood

no need for regenerating blood, sorry

• Like 1

It sucks if u go solo for a week on dayz and need somone to give u a blood transfusion, what do you do then? Ask for a shady player to give u one at a chance of getting shot in the back? I think not.

Yeah you think wrong. If you want to lone wolf, live with the side effects this play style can have. Cook tons of steaks and eat up. Not all players are "shady", there may be very few but who knows, maybe you get lucky. Maybe not and you die. In both cases - problem solved.

Ik there is no need but its real life. In real life you regenerate blood. Just trying to put in that real life feeling.

yea i feel my blood regenerate on a daily basis :P

just messin with ya but no, this is a bad idea. regen hp is bad in all games imo, especially at the rate of 5hp per second. You can post for medic transfusion with a reputable medic, eat steak, risk other players, a few options here. forces you to be resourceful and strategical. Makes you think about what you are about to get yourself into as well. There would be less consequence to risky action if everyone knew they could bandage up and wait in the woods for a few minutes and do it all over again.

I agree that 5/sec is quite high. Though I think there should be blood regeneration at some level. Provided that your body is in good standing. IE, no broken bones/pain and high food/hydration levels. The regeneration could slow as your character becomes more hungry/thirsty. Say..perhaps at a rate of 10 blood a minute. Slow enough that it would be a huge waste of your time to sit down and wait for it to regenerate if your legs weren't already injured, and it'd be faster for you to find HP in game. Or say it could only regenerate up to a certain point. It could only regenerate to maybe 8000 blood. So that you are still susceptible to the 1hko's from Zed. That way you couldn't just wait around and reach full blood, you'd still need to eat/transfuse to gain back that last crucial chunk of it.

this topic has already been set up 3 times

there's a tool that allows you to look up said topics...

To the naysayers and the "it's real life bro" crowd - Let's come up with a realistic number;

It takes an average healthy human 4-6 weeks (average 5) to fully recouperate the 450mL (9% of the blood in your average human) they take in a blood donation

To put this in DayZ terms, it would take 840 hours to recouperate 1080 blood (9% of 12000)

This equates to 1.3 (1.285714285714... to be exact) blood per hour IF your character stays healthy (ie not hungry, not thirsty, not cold, not hot, no broken bones, no shock, no bleeding etc)

I fully support the implementation of this amount of blood regeneration.

Edited by KnT47r

Sorry if people have make the same topic but idc.

Players should be able to regenerate blood loss. It a wound is bandaged up, after a while you should be able to regenerate blood. The heart regenerates blood when it is loss and day-z should not be different.

After the wound is bandaged, after bout 5 mins if the player is not damaged blood will rengerate 5 points per sec. if the player is damaged in any way it will stop. If the player started bleeding again the player will need to re-bandage and wait 5 mins for it to start regerating.

Any other suggestions to this topic?

No, you go and hunt for animals if you are paranoid about being shot by another player.

No, thanks, that is a terrible idea for blood to regenerate at six a second, this is not Call of Duty.

i agree but 5 points a second is a little too fast, but they could figure something reasonable out. They could also have water restore a bit of blood too, as blood is made of mainly water.

Regen is a bad idea. Game needs to be tougher on the pve front. Maybe more random sometimes.

@ OP - your body makes more blood from the nutrients it receives via food. In DayZ you eat food to get blood. The process is there, it's just been shortened for you.